The Stinkysburgh Address

Old July 5th 06, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default The Stinkysburgh Address

My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a little
pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked around the
bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW MEOW MEOW
MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out again. He had
just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was clean, and Dante was
snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us that needed attention,
but there was still something he had to get off his chest, and to Mom
in particular. And he was apparently satisfied with that, because
he came back to me, climbed into my lap, and went right to sleep.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 5th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-05, Kreisleriana penned:

My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a
little pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked
around the bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW
MEOW MEOW MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out
again. He had just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was
clean, and Dante was snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us
that needed attention, but there was still something he had to get
off his chest, and to Mom in particular. And he was apparently
satisfied with that, because he came back to me, climbed into my
lap, and went right to sleep.

Aww. Duty fulfilled, he can sleep with a clear conscience.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 5th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Kreisleriana wrote:
My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a little
pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked around the
bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW MEOW MEOW
MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out again. He had
just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was clean, and Dante was
snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us that needed attention,
but there was still something he had to get off his chest, and to Mom
in particular. And he was apparently satisfied with that, because
he came back to me, climbed into my lap, and went right to sleep.

Little Timmy had probably fallen in the well. That is usually what this
sort of speechifying means if the food bowl, the water bowl (BEAR'S
water bowl, they don't drink much from their own) and the litter boxes
are all shipshape. Well, at least once, Winnie seemed to be telling me
that Bear needed to be walked but that may have been a coincidence.
Winnie is the spokescat, although the whole committee sometimes
addresses me about food issues.

Will in New Haven

--

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old July 5th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 5 Jul 2006 06:53:27 -0700, "Will in New Haven"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a little
pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked around the
bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW MEOW MEOW
MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out again. He had
just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was clean, and Dante was
snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us that needed attention,
but there was still something he had to get off his chest, and to Mom
in particular. And he was apparently satisfied with that, because
he came back to me, climbed into my lap, and went right to sleep.

Little Timmy had probably fallen in the well.

LOL, well it wasn't worrying him *too* much, since he did go right to
sleep afterwards. ;0

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 5th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

Either that, or Timmy has been cornered by a bear, and the park ranger
isn't noticing. In any case, they have to rescue Timmy cause without
him it wouldn't be the Lassie show.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...

Old July 5th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a little
pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked around the
bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW MEOW MEOW
MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out again. He had
just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was clean, and Dante was
snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us that needed attention,
but there was still something he had to get off his chest, and to Mom
in particular. And he was apparently satisfied with that, because
he came back to me, climbed into my lap, and went right to sleep.

Now, if this had been Boyfriend he would have been saying "are you sure you
wee'd before you went to bed?"
He's turned into my mother.

Tweed

Old July 6th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish Silberbauer

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a little
pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked around the
bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW MEOW MEOW
MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out again. He had
just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was clean, and Dante was
snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us that needed attention,
but there was still something he had to get off his chest, and to Mom
in particular. And he was apparently satisfied with that, because
he came back to me, climbed into my lap, and went right to sleep.

Spocky does this 'most every night. We are not sure, but we think its
his way of saying (at the top of his voice) "I'm bored, I'm Bored, I'm
BORED, I'M BORED .... DO SOMETHING". If one of us get up and
approaches him then he RUNS away with his tail swishing in delight (he
loves a game of kiss-chasey), but if we don't respond then he hunts
down Persephone and ambushes her (very cute). Regardless, there is
always an opera from him to set the mood.

Tish

Old July 6th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Tish Silberbauer wrote:

Spocky does this 'most every night. We are not sure, but we think its
his way of saying (at the top of his voice) "I'm bored, I'm Bored, I'm
BORED, I'M BORED .... DO SOMETHING". If one of us get up and
approaches him then he RUNS away with his tail swishing in delight (he
loves a game of kiss-chasey), but if we don't respond then he hunts
down Persephone and ambushes her (very cute). Regardless, there is
always an opera from him to set the mood.

Yep, this is exactly what Licky does. I know he gets bored sometimes
because he's stuck with 3 middle-aged ladies who just don't have the
same amount of energy he has. Whenever he gets that look (and makes
the accompanying howls for attention), I try to rouse myself to throw
his foam ball, which he loves to chase. He always looks so happy when
I do that, that it's worth forcing my lazy butt out of the computer
chair.

(Aside: he was so attached to one foam ball that he pretty much tore
it to shreds. At some point, it stopped rolling because it was no longer
spherical, but he'd still chase it. Then it got all crusty and gross
looking, but he still wanted to play with it. Finally, I went to a
pet store and bought some new ones for him. Then I got to retire the
old one, which by that point had become nothing but a random blob of
dirt.)

Joyce
Old July 6th 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Kreisleriana wrote:
My Mom had just settled in bed last night, and was starting a little
pre-sleep reading, when Stinky came into her room, walked around the
bed , fixed her with a meaningful look, and said "MEOW MEOW MEOW
MEOW." Then he picked himself back up, and went out again. He had
just eaten, his water bowl was full, the box was clean, and Dante was
snoozing, so there was nothing obvious to us that needed attention,
but there was still something he had to get off his chest, and to Mom
in particular. And he was apparently satisfied with that, because
he came back to me, climbed into my lap, and went right to sleep.

He was saying, "It's my Stinkyversary!"

Old July 6th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
Spocky does this 'most every night. We are not sure, but we think its
his way of saying (at the top of his voice) "I'm bored, I'm Bored, I'm
BORED, I'M BORED .... DO SOMETHING". If one of us get up and
approaches him then he RUNS away with his tail swishing in delight (he
loves a game of kiss-chasey), but if we don't respond then he hunts
down Persephone and ambushes her (very cute). Regardless, there is
always an opera from him to set the mood.

That *is* very cute. Still a bit of kitten in him.

Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne Cat anecdotes 0 January 4th 05 01:03 AM
Earn extra cash - work from home W. Rogers Cat health & behaviour 0 December 2nd 04 07:08 PM
Cat address labels finally came Susan M Cat anecdotes 3 January 29th 04 12:04 AM
new address John Biltz Cat anecdotes 6 November 19th 03 10:56 PM