The Mighty Huntress strikes

Old March 19th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default The Mighty Huntress strikes

She was at it this morning. At the entrance to the house garage is an old
ivy, the base of which is a favoured haunt of small rodents.

Whilst supervising Nathan in the garage as he puts together his new
carbon-fibre time trial bike, The Mighty Huntress did a spot of
fang-sharpening. Note *fang* sharpening, not sharpening of *fangs* The
Mighty Huntress is now elderly, minus many fangs, minus an eye, but never
let it be said that she's old & decrepit.

After a couple of minutes of TMH staring at a particular spot at the base of
the ivy - she squatted low... whiskers pointed forward... ears tuned in...
then the fine adjustment of pouncing muscles with the bum-wiggle and she
leapt.

One vole has now shuffled off this mortal coil...

Sort of in keeping with the spirit of TMH's new food bowl. It's jet black
and decorated, pirate-stylee, with skull & crossbones designs. Bad-a$$ bowl
for a bad-a$$, Mighty Huntress.

Old March 19th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

You go girl!

Our Sam was a perfectly deadly hunter till the very last. In his later
years he taught a younger cat to team hunt with him. He would limp sadly
across the yard, just really playing it, until one of the blue jays would
come in to pick on him. At which point his younger accomplice would pounce
on the distracted jay. Then Sam's limp would clear up while he took care of
the actual kill and sharing of the catch.

Jo

Old March 19th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:
Sort of in keeping with the spirit of TMH's new food bowl. It's jet
black and decorated, pirate-stylee, with skull & crossbones designs.
Bad-a$$ bowl for a bad-a$$, Mighty Huntress.

Glad to hear Waffles is still going strong.

Old March 19th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"wafflycat" wrote in message
She was at it this morning. At the entrance to the house garage is an old
ivy, the base of which is a favoured haunt of small rodents.

Good to see you again, Helen. I was beginning to think I'd never read about
TMH Waffles again. How are all of you doing? How did you fare this winter?

Pam S.

Old March 19th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message
She was at it this morning. At the entrance to the house garage is an old
ivy, the base of which is a favoured haunt of small rodents.

Good to see you again, Helen. I was beginning to think I'd never read
about TMH Waffles again. How are all of you doing? How did you fare this
winter?

Pam S.

Greetings.

We're all fine, human and feline. All the cats fit and well. Every night I
am joined by a small, one-eyed, black furry ladycat who snuggles up and
purrs. If it's very cold, the others join in, but always I have a Waffles at
my side of a night. She's her mummy's furry lady :-)

Winter has been wet but not too cold. Not out on the bikes enough. The
racing season is starting again, so Nathan is getting prepared.

His new steed for the coming season is here

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...n001190308.jpg

From the depths of a very, very messy garage, something lovely in carbon
fibre is being created.

The cats are in rude health. Waffles rules the roost as is her rightful
place. Francis is still the world's sweetest-natured black & white boycat
and Marble revels in his role of Mummy's badcat & fatboy :-)

Nathan is now at university, studying for a degree in environmental sciences
at the UEA in Norwich, also having a sports' bursary to help him with his
cycling. Vernon is working exceedingly hard with a new company and it's
going very well for him. Long, hard hours, but he's enjoying it as the
company is actually doing what it said it would.

Cheers, helen s

Old March 19th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome back, Helen! Too cold and windy for cycling, is it?

--
MatSav

Old March 19th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

From the depths of a very, very messy garage, something lovely in
carbon fibre is being created.

The cats are in rude health. Waffles rules the roost as is her
rightful place. Francis is still the world's sweetest-natured black &
white boycat and Marble revels in his role of Mummy's badcat & fatboy
:-)
Nathan is now at university, studying for a degree in environmental
sciences at the UEA in Norwich, also having a sports' bursary to help
him with his cycling. Vernon is working exceedingly hard with a new
company and it's going very well for him. Long, hard hours, but he's
enjoying it as the company is actually doing what it said it would.

Cheers, helen s

I'm very glad to hear you and yours are doing so well. I hope we hear of
Nathan winning some races this year.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 19th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Adrian" wrote in message

I'm very glad to hear you and yours are doing so well. I hope we hear of
Nathan winning some races this year.

Thanks, Adrian. Nathan had a grotty season last year, with two bad crashes,
so I hope he has a better one this year. He still gets the odd niggle from
his injuries, but over all he's pretty much mended.

Old March 19th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message

Welcome back, Helen! Too cold and windy for cycling, is it?

--
MatSav

Thanks! I haven't been on the bike for a week. Bad woman that I am!