Theory of the Black Cat Which Must Be Named

Old January 27th 05, 06:31 AM
Julie Cook

Default Theory of the Black Cat Which Must Be Named

Since bringing him inside, I believe I've learned how "Mariah" came to
live in our yard. I'm thinking that a mother and/or father decided to
give little daughter/son a kitten as a gift. (He's been hanging out at
our house for several months so this wasn't a christmas gift). They
found this beautiful, long haired, black kitten that is just right.
Perhaps the shelter/adoption group put a blue ribbon around his neck.
He snuggled their finger and hand some and they fell in love. They took
their new baby home. The first problem here is that their new baby is
less than 100% socialized. He runs whenever anyone walks into the room.
Secondly, he is a young cat. He loves to play and will attack anything
that moves in his vicinity. I can show you bloody toes that attest to
this point. He has very, very sharp claws and teeth and becomes over
stimulated easily. When over stimulated he will try to bite the hand
that wants to touch him. (He does have excellent litterbox behavior)

So now we have what was to be a cute little kitten to play with and
sleep in Janie's bed at night. Instead we have a barely socialized,
lively, playful kitten with all the required pointy parts and he's not
so much fun to play with. He doesn't want to be dressed in doll clothes
and expected to lie quietly in a doll carriage. After scratching (or
possibly biting) little offspring the parents decide that this new cat
should be an outdoor pet. They'll feed him and give him clean water (as
long as they remember), but he doesn't get the love and the human
attention that he craves so he goes walkabout to find someone who will
give him attention. He found the hidden signs that we've been searching
for that directs strays to our yard and there he found someone to give
him food, clean water and finally to bring him inside and give him his
own room where he can play and become socialized.

Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. The Ambien has kicked in
now so I'm off to bed. I'll catch up in the morning.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam...and He Who Lacks a Name
Old January 27th 05, 03:08 PM
Mischief

Imp is like that. He gets stimulated when you scratch him to the point
where the turns into a hand trap. When I adopted him when he was 5
months old, my hands got shredded.

He still does that, but not as hard thank goodness.
Interesting theory BTW about He Who Lacks a Name.

Kristi

Old January 29th 05, 01:40 AM
Jean Hobbs

I got Wilson when he was 5 weeks old, feral and extremely scared,
He also had my hands and arms a mass of scratches and bites,
he still does nip and scratch but nothing like he did, but he's still
scared.
I know this cat loves me, he follows me everywhere,If I sit on my chair,
he jumps on the little table in front of it if I go into the B-room he sits
in
the bath till i've finished myworksame with every room, yet he doesn't like
being picked up,he sits on the bench watching me in the kitchen, on my bed
if I go for an afternoon rest and all night, so I know he doesn't scratch
and bite from aggression, he just thinks this is how you should play
Jean.P.

ups.com...

Old December 14th 05, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:25:44 +0000, mlbriggs wrote:

[...]

I am wondering why these posts popped up now. They were written quite
some time ago. I have said before that my computer hates me. MLB
Old December 14th 05, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

LOL! It isn't possible for your computer to hate you, it's a machine. It
looks to me like it isn't your computer at all, but your newsreader. You
might try a different one and see if that stops this annoying thing where
your posts send themselves months later.

Tweed

Old December 14th 05, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:18:26 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Next time my son has time to devote to me, I'll ask him,. It just doesn't
work over the telephone. He, incidentally, is a computer engineer but
his expertise didn't come from his mother. Thanks. MLB