Missing kitty purrs, please

Old August 15th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan

Default Missing kitty purrs, please

I swear these cats are going to be the death of me.

About 8:30 PM Nancy and I were watching TV. Harri was napping in the living
room, Sammy was playing wit a catnip mouse. Amelia came in from the kitchen,
snuck behind the TV, then slunk around the corner into the front room. I
stopped paying a lot of attention to the whereabouts of kitties about then.

Around 9:00 another thunderstorm moved into the area. I went into the back
yard to bring in kitties. Tabitha and Cleo came right in, and Ranger allowed
me to pick him up and carry him in. Sammy and Harri were already inside.

But we can't for the life of us find Amelia. She's been missing for about an
hour now. We've checked everywhere in the house, including areas too small
for her to get in to. We've gone over the back yard three times, scanned the
front yard twice, looked through the basement with flashlights at least four
times, and still no Amelia.

I know darned well that she's somewhere in the house. But neither of us can
find her. We're worried about her because the storm that came through brought
with it dazzling lightning, deafening thunder, and drenching rains. I can't
imagine her being outside, but I am horrified by the possibility.

So could we please have some purrs that she shows her sweet fuzzy butt
sometime soon?

Old August 15th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-08-14 22:01:35 -0500, Dan said:

[...]

Purrs a coming. They can disappear in my place which is an apartment.
I'm sure she has a good hidey hole there somewhere. I hope you find it!

Old August 15th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:01:35 -0500, Dan wrote:

[...]

Amelia, quit driving your daddy bonkers and get your sweet furry but into
his arms.,,Purrs that she will reveal her hiding place. (Does her coat
match any color in the house?) MLB

Old August 15th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Dan wrote:

So could we please have some purrs that she shows her sweet fuzzy butt
sometime soon?

Fuzzy-butt purrs on the way.

Old August 15th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda[_3_]

Dan,

When you started talking about what the cats were doing and said Amelia
"slunk around the corner" and "snuck behind..." I knew she'd be the one
that's missing. Do you think she was not feeling well, or was she just
nervous?

Twice we've lost cats in the house for a substantial length of time.
Once a cat was inside the fireplace on top of the fireplace insert (and
jumped underneath it -- into the chimney.) The other time the cat was up
inside the mattress, in the bedsprings. Did you check inside of the
couch too?

Good luck,

Rhonda

Old August 15th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:40:43 -0500, Rhonda wrote
(in article ):

Dan,

When you started talking about what the cats were doing and said Amelia
"slunk around the corner" and "snuck behind..." I knew she'd be the one
that's missing. Do you think she was not feeling well, or was she just
nervous?

I think she was just nervous.

Twice we've lost cats in the house for a substantial length of time.
Once a cat was inside the fireplace on top of the fireplace insert (and
jumped underneath it -- into the chimney.) The other time the cat was up
inside the mattress, in the bedsprings. Did you check inside of the
couch too?

Those are all excellent ideas, but we have only a couple of futons with no
place for her to hide, and the mattress is on the bedroom floor.

Still no sign of her, a couple minutes before midnight.

Old August 15th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

[...]

Once, many years ago, after a particularly loud thunderstorm, I couldn't
find ny white kitty, Blizzard(RB).

I looked for many hours, until I finally located her inside a box, that
was in a bigger box, in the basement. How she got in there I was never
able to figure out. And, likely, she wouldn't have been able to get out
on her own.

I recall you moved not long ago. Any boxes or other 'moving related'
stuff she could have gotten into, and maybe can't get out of?

Purrs that she's found soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old August 15th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dan wrote:

But we can't for the life of us find Amelia. She's been missing for about an
hour now. We've checked everywhere in the house, including areas too small
for her to get in to. We've gone over the back yard three times, scanned the
front yard twice, looked through the basement with flashlights at least four
times, and still no Amelia.

I know darned well that she's somewhere in the house. But neither of us can
find her.

She is most likely hiding until she can be sure that nasty sounding
monster outside isn't going to come back. But purrs that this happens
SOONER rather than later!

Joyce
Old August 15th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Dan" wrote in message
al.net...
[...]

Purrs are on the way. They are good at disappearing, aren't they? Have you
checked the undersides of bed springs? I've known more than one cat to find
a small tear in the fabric on the bottom of an innerspring and create a nice
hidey-hole inside the spring.

Joy

Old August 15th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

So could we please have some purrs that she shows her sweet fuzzy butt
sometime soon?

Massive purrs en-route

Helen M