I'm back and have a question

Old August 26th 05, 09:26 PM
Paul M. Cook

Default I'm back and have a question

Hi all,

Well the last I was here my cat Buddy was one sick little guy. Happy to
report he is vastly improved. His liver is much better and his thyroid is
finally under control. He's even putting on some weight again.

He is still FIV positive of course. So far we've managed to keep his immune
system up by heading off trouble with a long lasting antibiotic every now
and then.

It would appear a third cat is on her way to me. She is a cute little black
kitten, about 14 weeks old. Very pretty, very Siamese shape i.e. long legs
and a serpentine tail. Cutie. I'll probably have her on Sunday.

What should I know seeing as how Buddy is FIV? They will not fight, old Bud
I am sure will be a perfect gentleman, as always. Possibly she will be
homed - possibly she will stay. It's either I take her or she gets sent to
the pound and I could never live with that. So I don't feel I have a choice
but what the heck, I mean what's another cat, right? My boys would like the
playmate I am sure.

I do worry though about the FIV.

Paul

Old August 26th 05, 10:16 PM
Karen

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Well, from what I have read here and from others it would take a deep bite
to really transfer, but you can certainly keep their feeding stations
separate and then just keep stress levels down as much as possible for
Buddy. Good luck. Glad Buddy is doing well.