Kitty under the blankets

Old January 19th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Default Kitty under the blankets

Mango used to....he's too stinky to now of course. But when he 'retires from
active duties' in a few years DH is going to have to share me again He
puts his head on the pillow too.....and has to cuddle as well!!

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old January 19th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Sam" wrote in message
John F. Eldredge wrote:
On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Oh, boy, do we ever! And it doesn't even have to be cold.

Smokey is our resident bed-lump. At least once every day he gets under
the top cover and proceeds to nap. He really should be flatter, he's been
sat upon so many times. DW and I sit on the edge of the bed to put our
shoes on. Often we'll hear a muffled "meo-w-w-w-w" and feel him moving
underneath. Oddly enough, when we get up to check on him, he usually
doesn't move - just stays there and goes back to his rudely-interrupted
snooze.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Oh, you made me laugh Sam!!! We have a fold up mattress that we store in the
room, one of those light foam ones, and the cats love climbing it and
playing with it. Yesterday I came in to find it toppled over, and pitiful
little mews coming our from underneath....it had fallen on the bitties, and
two of them were lying underneath, flat as little pancakes!

Old January 19th 07, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

John F. Eldredge wrote:
On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Snoopy sometimes gets under the covers to get warm, she rarley stays very
long about half an hour at most.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 19th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:37:20 -0600, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

My Cinder(RB) used to sleep under the covers with me. She wasn't a
burrower as others have mentioned. She demanded that the covers be
lifted for her to gain entrance. A well-trained slave would then not
let the covers touch her ears either, or she would take forever to
settle. Amazing what lengths we went to arranging a space for her
between bodies or between a body and an extra pillow.

Currently, Indie spends a lot of time under the covers. She's a
burrower. I made a kitty pi for her. She spends as much time under it
as she does in it. She loves bed forts. No need for a human to be in the
same bed. She has her own queen size bed in the spare bedroom.

None of the other three tolerate being covered.

Lorraine

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/raineontheplain
Last updated Jan/2/2007
Old January 19th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

John F. Eldredge wrote:
On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Chloe used to burrow, but my husband is such a restless sleeper that we
don't get the luxury of a furry body on or in the bed with us. Tyrone
usually sleeps under the bed, Pua sleeps in the dirty clothes basket and
Chloe is in the living room on "her" chair.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Old January 19th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:37:20 -0600, John F. Eldredge
yodeled:

On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Dante is an Undercover Lump. He'll stay under there for ages, then
suddenly burst out and run around like a loonatick.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 19th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 18 Jan 2007 19:30:40 -0800, "Shiral"
yodeled:

John F. Eldredge wrote:
On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Yup, I got a pair of burrowers. =o) In the recent cold snap, Francesca
has taken to asking to get UNDER the covers next to me in bed. Nina
does it all the time, although Francesca usually just takes a brief
bask to get warm and then creeps back out. Nina has sometimes spent the
whole night down by my feet under the covers. Nina will also burrow
under the quilt and make a little hill in the center of the bed to
have a nice warm nap nest even after I'm up and about in the morning.
Or when there's somebody at the door she wants to avoid, or when I'm
running the vacuum cleaner. It's pretty funny. =o) Pan (RB) also used
to get under the covers and lie on top of me in his later yeears. I'd
stroke him and he'd lie on top of me and purr his head off. Sometimes,
I'm convinced that cat thought he was my husband.

Melissa

Stinky IS my husband. :P Or my baby. Or a 13-pound benign furry
growth. :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 19th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:37:20 -0600, John F. Eldredge wrote:

On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Amelia, Cleo, and Ranger.

Amelia doesn't come under the covers often. When she does she stands near
a pillow, meows, and scratches at the covers until someone lifts the
covers for her. She then settles down by someone's hip for anywhere from
an hour to all night.

When Cleo decides her royal fluffiness desires the warmth of covers, she
climbs down from Nancy's pillow and noses at the covers until someone
lifts them for her. She then settles down under Nancy's armpit.

Ranger makes some short undercover visits when he's doing his
pre-alarm-clock visits.

DD (RB) used to be the undercover champ. She would burrow under the
covers all on her own, and would often stay there all day. Even during the
hottest days of summer, it was common to find her burrowed under all the
sheets and blankets.

Old January 20th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

wrote:

On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Djoser loves to burrow under the top cover, day or night. But he only
started that a couple years ago. I think it might be he's got a touch
of arthritis. The other cats don't burrow; although they do like to
snuggle up to me to share body warmth.

--
CATherine
Old January 20th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"John F. Eldredge" wrote

On cold nights, Cinders will often spend at least part of the night
curled up under the blankets. Sometimes she will be under all of
them, and other times she will get under just the topmost blanket.
This isn't a case of hunting bedmice, but rather seeking out warmth.
She is the first cat that I have had who did this, although I have had
others that liked to sleep on top of the blankets. Does anyone else
have a cat who likes to sleep under the covers in the wintertime?

Most persistent one is Abelard, particularly when it's cold. He usually
stays all night and long after I've gotten up. Baby Eyes will often join him
but won't stay all night. I'm not sure how long she stays but she does stay
until I've fallen asleep. Beatrice or Tommy sometimes come in if Baby Eyes
is already there. They look for her, I suppose because she's their surrogate
mommy.