Different styles of "kitten mind meld"

Old January 18th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default Different styles of "kitten mind meld"

I have been blessed with a house full of wonderful kitties, but especially
so since two of them like to practice the "Kitten Mind Meld". Being
distinctive individuals, of course they have their own styles.

Harri is my most prolific melder. I've mentioned before about how she
helps me get the canned food served in the morning. While I'm washing out
all the kitty dishes, she walks on the counter beside me to be sure I
don't get distracted. Then when I start drying the dishes, she sits on the
washing machine (where I dish out the food, and where she gets her dish
placed) waiting for me. As I get each dish dry I carry it to the washer
and set it down, bend my head down to Harri, and she presses her head hard
against mine and purrs up a storm. We do this for each of the six dishes,
so I get quite a bit of head-to-head purring every morning I'm sure
she's sending me thought beams that say "Salmon, salmon, salmon", or
something similar.

My more intense melder is Amelia. She doesn't often get in a snuggle mood,
but when she does she will not be refused. When Nancy or I are sitting on
the couch, Amelia will hop up beside us, climb up into a lap, put her
front paws on a shoulder, and lay her head down on that shoulder and turn
into a purr machine. Her entire being becomes focused upon directing
purr energies into the human chosen for this blessing. Last time I was
blessed with an Amelia snuggle, Nancy was on the other end of the couch. I
had been planning on getting up to go to the bathroom when Amelia climbed
up (of course). I snuggled with her for a good 10 minutes or so, then I
told her "sorry, little girl, I've got to put you down now". Nancy laughed
and said that her eyes didn't open, her ears didn't twitch, nothing
happened except the front claws extended just a tiny bit. By her inaction
she was saying quite clearly "you aren't going anywhere, human!" Amelia in
snuggle mode turns into a completely immobile lump of fur and purrs, and
will stay there for hours if you allow her to.

Fortunately for me, once Amelia is in snuggle mode it's possible to get
her to unattach herself. Once Nancy saw that Amelia was going to try to be
a permanent fixture, she talked to Amelia herself. She said "On my, what a
beautiful little tortoiseshell girl kitty that is!". Amelia of course
recognized that Nancy was talking about her, and lifted her head and
meowed in thanks. I was then allowed to get up.

How many other kitties like to practice the Kitty Mind Meld?

Old January 18th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Dan M" wrote in message
news
I have been blessed with a house full of wonderful kitties, but especially
so since two of them like to practice the "Kitten Mind Meld". Being
distinctive individuals, of course they have their own styles.

Fortunately for me, once Amelia is in snuggle mode it's possible to get
her to unattach herself. Once Nancy saw that Amelia was going to try to be
a permanent fixture, she talked to Amelia herself. She said "On my, what a
beautiful little tortoiseshell girl kitty that is!". Amelia of course
recognized that Nancy was talking about her, and lifted her head and
meowed in thanks. I was then allowed to get up.

How many other kitties like to practice the Kitty Mind Meld?

Jake skips the mind meld and goes straight to hanging on with his claws. I
think Molly does it at night when she sleeps on top of me. Message being
"you will not wake up, you will not move, you don't even know I'm here"

Sam used to be pretty good at telepathy. He was the one that taught me not
to worry about the cats reading my mind, worry about them forcing me to read
and obey theirs.

Jo

Old January 19th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Dan M wrote:
How many other kitties like to practice the Kitty Mind Meld?

Frank used to do it at night, when he lay on the pillow next to mine. He
would sometimes press his forehead hard against mine and purr so that it
vibrated through my head.

Old January 19th 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Dan M" wrote

How many other kitties like to practice the Kitty Mind Meld?

Abelard is the mind-meld king in our house. When he's awake he follows me
everywhere with the chief goal of catching a headbutt, and the message he
transmits during the headbutt-meld is "I need more shrimp, or, failing that,
some sort of fish." I wish I could grant his wishes more often. The guilt is
overwhelming.... I keep frozen shrimp at all times but it's supposed to be
for special treats. Thank goodness they don't all love shrimp the way
Abelard and Lily do! Tonight they all begged so pitifully that I gave them
my stash of ocean perch (lightly poached). Billy especially loved this
treat, in fact I saw him stick claws into both Beatrice and Abelard (who he
caught in the ear) when they tried to take a piece out of the dish. I ended
up scattering pieces of fish all over the floor to keep them from fighting
over it.

Old January 19th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Hmmm I'd have to say Jasmine and her three, but especially Congo. He is a
big boy, and if he wants something, he comes and loves all over you, very
heavily. And kneads, very specifically, on the softest body parts available.
With claws. And purrs. And sheds fur all over you. As for the Siamese, they
don't mind meld. They yowl. And yowl. And yowl. And when you finally give
in, they act like a bunch of savages, growling like little dogs, clawing and
biting anyone who even *thinks* about their food!

Old January 19th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:40:19 -0800, Dan M yodeled:

[...]

I remember Frankie trying to open the fridge door with his mind.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 19th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:40:19 -0800, Dan M yodeled:

How many other kitties like to practice the Kitty Mind Meld?

I remember Frankie trying to open the fridge door with his mind.

LOL! You mean this incident?

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...9d.jpg&.src=ph

Old January 19th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Kreisleriana wrote:

I remember Frankie trying to open the fridge door with his mind.

LOL! You mean this incident?

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...9d.jpg&.src=ph

Haha! Great picture! Very intense concentration there.

Joyce
Old January 20th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:03:43 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:40:19 -0800, Dan M yodeled:

How many other kitties like to practice the Kitty Mind Meld?

I remember Frankie trying to open the fridge door with his mind.

LOL! You mean this incident?

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fra...9d.jpg&.src=ph

"open, sesame"?

--
CATherine
Old January 20th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Chester does as harri does when I am pouring coffee, he also likes to jump
onto my back when I bend over to empty the dish washer, then he lays on my
back and happy paws my neck, this is the only time he makes happy paws, Lee
news