using a blacklight to find kitty pee

Old August 23rd 05, 01:02 AM
Rona Y.

It's only hard to believe if your mind is so small that you can't
imagine anything outside your own little box of experiences.

I can smell quite well. In fact, I have a very acute sense of smell.
However, my cat's urine doesn't smell that much, at least not in small
quantities. (and from what I can tell of my cat, her pee is usually in
relatively small quantities). I've managed to find one general area
because I think she has used it a few times. Therefore, it smells.
That being said, since enzyme cleaner is quite expensive in my area
($20 per quart), I would prefer to clean soiled areas as precisely as
possible. Wouldn't a blacklight help that?

It really amazes me that some people out there really can't see outside
their own little minds.

Old August 24th 05, 02:09 AM
Steve(JazzHunter)

On 22 Aug 2005 17:02:42 -0700, "Rona Y."
wrote:

It's only hard to believe if your mind is so small that you can't
imagine anything outside your own little box of experiences.

I can smell quite well. In fact, I have a very acute sense of smell.
However, my cat's urine doesn't smell that much, at least not in small
quantities. (and from what I can tell of my cat, her pee is usually in
relatively small quantities). I've managed to find one general area
because I think she has used it a few times. Therefore, it smells.
That being said, since enzyme cleaner is quite expensive in my area
($20 per quart), I would prefer to clean soiled areas as precisely as
possible. Wouldn't a blacklight help that?

It really amazes me that some people out there really can't see outside
their own little minds.

I have to agree with you, but I guess the other people in this thread
have never had a spraying cat. Sure you can tell what room has been
marked by the animal, but to actually find the precise location simply
by sniffing around, be it against the couch or in the corner by the
fireplace, whatever?.. Uh-uh! It is only by the sheerest luck you can
stumble upon the precise place, particularly if more than one area has
been marked. A blacklight sounds like a good idea, if it works.

... Steve ..
Old August 27th 05, 12:15 PM
Wendy

"Diane" wrote in message
In article ,
"Steve(JazzHunter)" wrote:

A blacklight sounds like a good idea, if it works.

It will help you find spots, if you have an idea where they are. (I knew
where mine was because the little bugger ****ed on the carpet *right* in
front of me, although it wasn't 'til he started scraping that I realised
what he'd done. Anyhoo, the issue with the StinkFinder black light is
that a lot of stains glow -- I spilled coffee on my light beige carpet
once, got the visible stain out very well, but it still glows under the
StinkFinder. If I didn't know I'd spilt coffee there, I would think it
was cat piddle. There are a few other places where it glows, but I don't
know what it is, and it has no odour. Also, cat vomit spots (hairballs)
will glow after the the spot is cleaned. A few people on this group have
gotten StinkFinders only to find their entire carpet is magic! :O
--

Yea a lot of things fluoresce under black light. That's where the nose comes
in. Once you find a suspicious spot you can sniff and see if it's the looked

My old cat Tigger had a few accidents the last year before she died. I knew
I smelled pee in my bedroom and knew she had peed in front of the dh's
dresser because I could smell it there. The question and reason I bought the
stink finder was, where else might she have peed that I didn't know about.
It's also good for looking places where it's not all that easy to get to,
like behind furniture. Much easier to shine a light there than to have to
move the furniture to smell.

Luck Kitty Rescue xxxxx Cats - misc 0 December 26th 04 09:02 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM
Took in Adandon Kitty, What Have I DONE??? Charles Cat health & behaviour 57 January 21st 04 10:17 PM
Took in Adandon Kitty, What Have I DONE??? Charles Cats - misc 40 January 13th 04 01:03 AM