Rob Report

Old February 23rd 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Rob Report

Rob is a case of two steps forward, three steps back. Since 11:00 Pm
he has had four siezures, two this morning. They keep putting him on
increased siezure meds, but so far they have not done the trick. We
did get him to throw a crab (ty beanie baby type) at Jim, and ended up
with a case of crab ball. Yes, that pun was intended. The people
here are really working for him and his new room mate is nosey. He
gave me a full report on Rob's siezures before the medical staff
could. Rob doesn't seem to like him, much.

Rob's mom calls for an update on him, if I don't call her first. She
does not like Jim, Amanda's boyfriend, and has found various ways to
let us know. She is currently on an "if I don't remember his name,
maybe he'll cease to exist" kick. She tried that one with me, and Rob
laughingly ignored her. Jim is doing the same. I have made them all
promise that they'll lock me away if I ever treat any potential child
in law the way Rob's mom behaved towards the kids and I.

Pam S. who usually finds MIL's ignorance amusing, but I'm tired
lately

How are Dave and Leslie doing? I'm using the guest computer at the
hospital and I can't hog it as much as I'd like. We're thinking of
them and sending best wishes and thoughts for them both.

Old February 23rd 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rob is a case of two steps forward, three steps back. Since 11:00 Pm
he has had four siezures, two this morning. They keep putting him on
increased siezure meds, but so far they have not done the trick. ...

Hi Pam,

We are continuing to keep all of you in our thoughts.

I assume from your post that Rob is talking now, or at least communicating
in some way. He must have some mobility. That must be some relief to you.
It's good to know that the people at the hospital are working for him. The
nosey roommate can be a nuisance, but could be good as a backup to call
someone to help if Rob needs assistance.

I hope that the seizure problem is under control soon and everything works
out with the V.A.

Annie

Old February 23rd 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when tanadashoes wrote:
We did get him to throw a crab (ty beanie baby type) at Jim,
and ended up with a case of crab ball.

I have sent you something else to throw, that is also likely to be fun
with the cats as well. Watch for a package next week, and good luck with
Rob.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old February 23rd 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 23, 1:36 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when tanadashoes wrote:

We did get him to throw a crab (ty beanie baby type) at Jim,
and ended up with a case of crab ball.

I have sent you something else to throw, that is also likely to be fun
with the cats as well. Watch for a package next week, and good luck with
Rob.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Mark you old stinker, I've been wondering how you are doing. It's
good to hear from you. We'll be looking forward to whatever version
of crab ball you send us.

Thanks,

Pam S.

Old February 24th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine

On 23 Feb 2007 07:47:57 -0800, "tanadashoes"
wrote:

Rob is a case of two steps forward, three steps back.

Purrs and prayers for Rob. I sure hope they can give him some relief
from the seizures for you to have plenty of quality time together.

--
CATherine

Old February 26th 07, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

tanadashoes wrote:

How are Dave and Leslie doing? I'm using the guest computer at the
hospital and I can't hog it as much as I'd like. We're thinking of
them and sending best wishes and thoughts for them both.

Now you've got me in tears. In all this, you're thinking of us?

We're one step forward one step back at the moment. Dave came home and made
great strides with his physio- he can now walk unaided a little and climb
down the stairs at home albeit whilst hanging onto the bannister like grim
death but we both had flu last week so nothing much got done. This week he
gets to see the OT and the footwear people and might be allowed to wear
normal shoes again

Sorry to have not been about much myself. I'm being forced to post via CatKB
and it doesn't always come through to Google- in fact it might not now so
I'll check later. Gotta get the home network set up so I can use my own PC

Now that's a whole new story....new pet hate....Boxes that say things like
"Network straight out of the box" and "Easy to install"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 27th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Lesley, email me off-list if you have problems/questions. I do computer
networks for a living.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 27th 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Sam wrote:

Lesley, email me off-list if you have problems/questions. I do computer
networks for a living.

Thanks Sam I will if I need to but I've got several other friends who also do
networks for a living. I think Dave has plugged the wrong lead in somewhere
but how dare I a computer amateur suggest such a thing to a pro such as
himself!!!!!

He'll get his comeuppance when our friend Mallet comes round and probably
finds it is the lead and asks him what on Earth made him do that!