Cruising Cats: April Fool trick?

Old April 10th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cruising Cats: April Fool trick?

Annie Wxill wrote:
April 1 - 9, 2006

Houma, Louisiana

We'd heard that Houma, Louisiana, is a "must stop" and we heartily agree. We
are convinced that this pleasant little place is our salvation and in no way
responsible for the misfortune that befell us the day after our arrival and
would extend our stay to almost two weeks.

snip
The engine was running again. Some of the carnation buds began to bloom. The
three catfish floated out from under the dock. Jim scooped them up with a
net and disposed of them.

snip
Annie, crew for Rosie & Cinder

I'm so glad to hear all is well!
Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 11th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I love reading about your adventures. I'm curious, how do the Hoomins react
to your co-captains?

Hi Bill,

Thank you for letting me know that you are enjoying the posts.

The mechanic working on our engine did not see the cats because we shut them
in the bedroom (I guess the boat term is stateroom) to keep them from
jumping down into the engine room when the floor was open.

When others have come onboard, Cinder usually comes out to be admired and
petted. Rosie is more shy and picks a spot out of sight and stays there.
Everyone has obediently admired Cinder up close and Rosie from afar.

It's pretty obvious that we have cats onboard because we have created
scratching posts out of the table legs and we have parts of cat trees in
other places.

Annie, crew for Rosie & Cinder

Old April 11th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sam" wrote in message
.

Egad! Of course this HAD to happen on 4/1! Purrs that the rest of the
journey is uneventful and all pleasure Sam, closely supervised by
Mistletoe

Thanks Sam. The chip came in and we plan to be under way tomorrow morning.
We are a little anxious, because we will be going to New Orleans, and then
across the Mississippi River and the Mississippi Sound. With the hurricane
damage, there are few places to stop in times of need. We are so blessed to
have been here in Houma when we discovered that we had a problem.

Annie, crew for Cinder and Rosie

Old April 11th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message

Purrs that Cinder and Rosie chased off all the gremlins for good and that
you get the part you are waiting for soon, so you can get moving again.

Marina,

We got the part today and expect to resume our trip tomorrow morning. We
will be traveling to New Orleans and will be near where Catnipped's daughter
is restoring her house that Hurricane Katrina destroyed last year.

We will have all affected by Hurricane Rita and Katrina on our minds during
this part of the trip.

Old April 11th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"polonca12000" wrote in message
I'm so glad to hear all is well!
Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Thank you. We will resume our trip tomorrow morning. We are hoping all
will go as planned. Thank you for your good thoughts.
Annie, crew for Rosie & Cinder