caution about generalities, was I'm going to go look at a cat on Monday!

Old November 8th 10, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default caution about generalities, was I'm going to go look at a cat on Monday!

"CatNipped" wrote in message
My apologies, I've been watching too much Animal Planet and have become
cynical. I was *not* thinking, I'm so sorry.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I understood your post because some people *do* give up cats for silly
reasons (like they don't match the furniture or something equally
ridiculous). But there are good reasons, as well. When my dad was
transferred to Thailand we couldn't take my brother's cat with us. She
would have been quarrantined for 6 months, both when we got there and when
we returned to the States. (The laws have probably changed since then.) My
parents didn't feel it would be fair to the cat. I can't imagine how my
brother felt. He'd always wanted a cat and my father had finally relented.
He didn't have her for a year before he had to give her away

Jill

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Phoenix" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
It's sad to know that her last slaves didn't care enough to find a way
to keep her

CN, honey, we had to give up all of our animals when we moved. And it
wasn't because we didn't CARE enough to find a way to keep them....it was
because we had tried for over a year to find a way to keep them, and the
realities of our financial situation meant that we would be completely
unable to handle any vet bills, or food, or litter costs. We were
unwilling to have any of my animals in a situation where we could not
provide vet care for them, and we chose to find them new homes with
people who could care for them properly.

Watch those generalities. They may bite someone unexpected.

Deborah
not a slave to anyone at the moment, sigh

--

"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most
shocking and inhumane."-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old November 8th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

I understood your post because some people *do* give up cats for silly
reasons (like they don't match the furniture or something equally
ridiculous). But there are good reasons, as well. When my dad was
transferred to Thailand we couldn't take my brother's cat with us. She
would have been quarrantined for 6 months, both when we got there and when
we returned to the States. (The laws have probably changed since then.) My
parents didn't feel it would be fair to the cat. I can't imagine how my
brother felt. He'd always wanted a cat and my father had finally relented.
He didn't have her for a year before he had to give her away

Aww, that's so sad. How old was he at the time? And did you get
another cat when you came back to the US permanently?

Joyce

--
If an animal does something, they call it instinct. If we do exactly
the same thing for the same reason, they call it intelligence.
Old November 9th 10, 09:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

He was 12. We were in Bangkok for 2 years, and no, he never got another
cat. Apparently my father changed his mind about anyone having a cat again.
But by that time my brother was more intererested in girls

Jill

I'm going to go look at a cat on Monday! Bobble[_8_] Cat anecdotes 0 November 8th 10 12:31 PM
I'm going to go look at a cat on Monday! Lesley Cat anecdotes 0 November 8th 10 11:03 AM
Four kittens to TED Monday Pat[_4_] Cat anecdotes 37 January 19th 10 09:54 PM
Tale of caution! sandra Cat anecdotes 1 June 29th 06 12:36 PM
Caution Against Animal Welfare League of Arlington, VA Luvskats00 Cat rescue 1 July 19th 04 08:33 PM