Shamrock loses his throne; Story at 11

Old January 21st 05, 03:54 AM
Cheryl

Default Shamrock loses his throne; Story at 11

The time has finally come when Shamrock can't rule with an iron paw.
He came running at Rhett, howling like he does when he's going to pin
down a kitten. Rhett didn't even roll onto his back like he normally
does; he just rolled on his side and pawed lightly at Shamrock, who
promptly retreated. Me thinks the powers are going to be shifting
soon. hehehehe Stay tuned....

--
Cheryl
Old January 21st 05, 10:53 AM
Marina

Cheryl wrote:

The time has finally come when Shamrock can't rule with an iron paw.
He came running at Rhett, howling like he does when he's going to pin
down a kitten. Rhett didn't even roll onto his back like he normally
does; he just rolled on his side and pawed lightly at Shamrock, who
promptly retreated. Me thinks the powers are going to be shifting
soon. hehehehe Stay tuned....

Aw, Shamrock has met his match.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 22nd 05, 12:09 AM
O J

Cheryl wrote:

The time has finally come when Shamrock can't rule with an iron paw.
He came running at Rhett, howling like he does when he's going to pin
down a kitten. Rhett didn't even roll onto his back like he normally
does; he just rolled on his side and pawed lightly at Shamrock, who
promptly retreated. Me thinks the powers are going to be shifting
soon. hehehehe Stay tuned....

One or the other of my two boys will occasionally show that behavior
on the few times when the two galoots want to butt heads. To me it
seems like the one lying down is trying to say, "Bring it on, you
rough tough cream puff!! I'll kick your ass while I'm lying down!"

Sometimes the lying down behavior will be the first gesture. One or
the other will move into the other's personal space and lie down, as
if to say, "Go ahead and make me move, if you think you can!!"

Some times a loud clap and a "What do you two think you're doing?"
will nip things in the bud. Some times a shake of the squirt bottle
is needed.

Regards and Purrs,
O J