Cat hunting

Old May 13th 05, 04:55 PM

Default Cat hunting

Otis normally ignores the TV, including any sounds from it apart from
whistling (we have to turn the sound down for the Xfiles theme tune -
he goes into attack mode). My old cat Thomas (don't ask!) used to sit
on top of the set when snooker was on and try to paw the balls.
Anyway, this morning I was watching an old documentary on the box,
called Pussies Galore - wonderful programme about a feral cat colony in
Rome, really fascinating stuff. Anyway the 2 boss toms (Caesar &
Brutus) were having a shouting match over a girl and squaring up (so
what's new there then) - when suddenly Otis (who's ahem not quite 100%
in the bloke department if you know what I mean) jumps up and joins in
the racket, it freaked me out, dunno who he thought he was arguing with
or what over, very strange! Two minutes later he was sitting next to
me with his head in my lap again waiting for the slave to give him a
tummy rub.

Marcia

Old May 14th 05, 08:52 PM

He would have been in serious trouble if they had been, they were
fierce cats, probably why they were named Brutus & Caesar, their
offspring were just like them (same litter, one baby Caesar and one
baby Brutus) - big Caesar looked like he'd take on Mike Tyson if he had
to. I love the way when they were fighting over the females, they just
caterwauled at each other, didn't actually fight, I'd never realised
they do that before. It reminded me of an English pub brawl - as in
"ere you lookin at my bird geezer?"

Rome would do me in though, I'd want to bring all the ferals home in my
luggage (sure they'd object though). They seem to do quite well as a
tourist attraction.

Job Hunting purrs needed badly Karen Cat anecdotes 28 May 11th 05 01:25 PM
Hundreds Attend Meetings Across Wisconsin to Discuss the Possibility of Hunting Wild Cats Andrew Cat health & behaviour 38 April 15th 05 05:22 PM
Legal Cat Hunting Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 6 April 13th 05 09:42 PM
Urban hunting Marina Cat anecdotes 8 April 7th 05 10:16 PM
Tell the Wisconsin DNR what you think about the prospect of hunting cats in our state... bjdbrad Cat community 0 March 16th 05 10:13 AM