She makes her own sound effects

Old June 6th 05, 03:55 PM
Bridget

Default She makes her own sound effects

Mattie, the sweetheart I adopted last September is proving to be one of
the most entertaining cats I have ever known. Know how little kids make
zoom zoom noises for their cars? I swear to you, she has a vroom noise
for when she is about to take off running. For everything she does she
has a vocalization about it. It is like a little kid running around
making sound effects for everything they do. Tony just talks to me. We
have conversations in fact. Mattie announces everything. It is a whole
different experience. The Stripey Thing really only talks when he wants
reassurance. But this announcing everything in sound effects is getting
to be hysterical. She has pips and squeaks and whirrs and mows and so
many more noises. When I talk to friends on the phone, they can tell
exactly who has just wandered through the room because her noises are so
unique - and LOUD.

Does your cat come complete with sound effects?

Bridget
Old June 6th 05, 04:20 PM
Enfilade

Tyche lets out a squee on impact when she jumps off the bed to the
floor, or off the couch to the floor, or from the floor onto
anything...

--Fil

Old June 6th 05, 04:29 PM
Adrian

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Baggy makes sound effects to announce his presence when he walks into
the room, and often when I talk to him, he answers. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 6th 05, 04:32 PM
Karen

I wanna see a video!!!!!!!!!

newstZoe.19800$_o.18444@attbi_s71...

Old June 6th 05, 04:33 PM
Karen

I like the noise Sugar makes if I touch her unexpectedly. Kind of a mrrping
rrrrrrrrrping question noise with a lift at the end.

oups.com...

Old June 6th 05, 04:38 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-06, Bridget penned:

Does your cat come complete with sound effects?

No, but a friend reports that her cat makes "distress" noises for her
toys when she's beating them up. She says it's absolutely hysterical.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 6th 05, 04:38 PM
Adrian

Karen wrote:
I wanna see a video!!!!!!!!!

That would be good. :-)

Old June 6th 05, 05:03 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:55:31 GMT, Bridget
yodeled:

[...]

Stinky is full of them-- he is a big talker, I think the talkiest
non-meezer I have ever encountered. He likes to make
whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring noises, too, and announces everything-- he
has a particularly loud purr, too. The cutest thing is the little
noises he makes in his sleep.

Theresa
Old June 6th 05, 05:04 PM
Kreisleriana

On 6 Jun 2005 08:20:50 -0700, "Enfilade"
yodeled:

Tyche lets out a squee on impact when she jumps off the bed to the
floor, or off the couch to the floor, or from the floor onto
anything...

--Fil

Stinky always makes a little "grunt" when he lands-- "oof!"

Theresa
Old June 6th 05, 05:06 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:33:26 -0500, "Karen"
yodeled:

I like the noise Sugar makes if I touch her unexpectedly. Kind of a mrrping
rrrrrrrrrping question noise with a lift at the end.

Stinky makes adorable noises when he's asleep, and especially when
he's just waking up. Mrp? Rrrrrp? Meep?

Theresa