Interview update

Old May 4th 05, 02:06 AM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Default Interview update

We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the interview
on time.

I need to clean out my ears. Every time I called the place to work out
the interview schedule I thought they were calling the place "Abbott".
When I got there I saw that they are Avid - THE microchip folks, the
ones who basically invented the technology 20 years ago. I was very
surprised to learn that the worldwide headquarters (they also have
plants in England and Spain) is right there in Norco, CA - horse country.

I felt that the interview went very well. They are primarily a Linux
house (Linux is my favorite OS), and the software manager is almost as
anti-Microsoft as I am. He's about my age and has much of the same
background, and weemed pleased with my eclectic background.

They will be reviewing resumes and interview notes this week and at the
end of the week they will invite some people back for a second round of
interviews. I sincerely to be one of those invited back. It just so
happens that I have a standing home time request for the week of May 9,
so I would be home and available for interviews early that week. I made
sure to mention to the interviewers that I believed I could make
immediate contributions to their DP needs, and that I would be very
interested in working for a company in their field.

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.
Old May 4th 05, 02:29 AM
Victor Martinez

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:
Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.

Lots and lots of purrs!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 4th 05, 03:03 AM
jmcquown

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:
We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the
interview on time.

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting
exciting. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would
make me feel as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their
loving humans.

I'm glad the interview went well. Purrs on the way for round 2!

Jill

Old May 4th 05, 03:04 AM
Catnipped

"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" wrote in message
[...]

Mega, *MEGA* job purrs coming. I really hope you get it Dan. I was
thinking about you and Jill (and my self) today - all of us techies, all of
us either out of work or working at something other then what we love to do!
Keeping all extremities crossed for you!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 4th 05, 03:23 AM
Irulan

Tons or purrs and prayers from us that the interview goes well your way.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old May 4th 05, 03:30 AM
Karen

in article , Dan and Nancy Mahoney at
wrote on 5/3/05 8:06 PM:

[...]

Mega purrs! I sure hope you get this!

Old May 4th 05, 03:38 AM
tanada

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.

You know you have lots of purrs and tuna place hopes and wishes from all
of us here.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Six + Kittens and Speedy the d-thing
Old May 4th 05, 04:36 AM
Sam Nash

[...]

"Hire Dan NOW!" purrs on the way.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old May 4th 05, 08:39 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:06:58 -0700, Dan and Nancy Mahoney
wrote:

We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the interview
on time.

Great that you made it home, that the interview seemed to go well, and
that it sounds like a job you'd like. Purrs on the way for a call
back, and eventual job that will keep you home with the rest of the
kitties - even though we'll all miss hearing of Harri's adventures on
the road
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

UPDATE on job interview Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 6 November 14th 04 09:03 AM
Job purrs update Dan M Cat anecdotes 40 October 6th 04 12:40 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE UPDATE Tomorrow Adrian Cat anecdotes 2 August 6th 04 07:27 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 12:01 PM
Mike's Interview: Update Tanada Cat anecdotes 8 August 20th 03 11:33 PM