I AM SO STRESSED

Old March 24th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I AM SO STRESSED

Karen wrote:
OK, on top of all the mystery pain SH*T, monday my laptop died in the
middle of a raging blizzard with a class waiting for me. I went into
the raging blizzard to my "day job" office 1/2 mile away and was lucky
to make it back. I had to buy a new iBook Tuesday. I had my CT scan
this a.m. and I suppose it will be MONDAY before I hear anything. And
tonight Sugar threw up a hairball, OK, fine no big deal. Two hours
later she began meowing manically and growled when I picked her up
from hiding under the bed. I rushed her to the emergency vet and her
blood work showed the same thing as back in January suggesting she was
mounting some kind of infection. They gave her a shot of baytril to
see if we can get a head start on it. She is home, looking miserable
but at least she is looking miserable on the couch and not under the
bed. I AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other
people probably have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU
HANDLE IT????

Apart from cuddling a cat I don't know what to do. Purrs for Sugar to feel
well asap and destressing purrs for you.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 24th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hugs!!!
Elisabet

Old March 24th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

least she is looking miserable on the couch and not under the bed. I AM
SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people
probably have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

Hot tea and chocolate, jammies, and DVR. I'm not kidding about this,
especially the chocolate part.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old March 24th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christine Burel" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Loads of purrs from us, Karen. I hope things start looking up for you
soon!
Your poor nerves. Unfortunately, I have no great cures for relieving
stress
but I like Marina's Finnish word. I was under a lot of stress last fall
re
my mom's issues and I found that taking a homeopathic remedy called Calms
Forte (by Hyland) in the health store that seemed to help take the edge
off
my tendency to panic without any side effects; it's along the same idea as
Rescue Remedy and I heard about the Calms Forte like I did the Rescue
Remedy -- from a cat rescue person. I also talked to my friends as well
as
a counselor. I also tried to take a break from as many
obligations/outside
extracurricular activities as I was able to. And I tried to do little
things for myself like take lavender bubble baths. Hope this helps.

I second a lavender bath. But I suggest using lavender essential oil in your
bath rather than a bubble bath. A few
drops of the lavender e.o. on my pillow case also helped me sleep.
Another essesntail oil I found helpful intimes of stress is neroli.
I just sniffed on it and it relaxed me. A few
I used a neroli a lot when I lost my job and my father within 2 weeks.
I was a basketcase and woke up crying in the middle of the night.
Also I remember you mentioned massage helped with your pain. So go
for a relaxing massage.

Purrs for you and Sugar.

Winnie

Please know we're thinking of you!
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old March 24th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
[...]

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles. That does seem like
a lot of stuff to have to deal with. I have no good advice to give. When I
get stressed, I break out in psoriasis and begin compulsively picking at my
skin. Not a good way to deal!
I hope things settle down for you soon and you get good news from your CT
scan and I hope the baytril does the job for Sugar.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Britta

Old March 24th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purring and praying that things ease up a lot for you.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 24th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:40:16 -0600, Karen
yodeled:

[...]

Drugs, baby.

Purrs for you.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 24th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, Karen penned:
on the couch and not under the bed. I AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I
CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people probably have a lot more to be
stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

Purrs for you and for Sugar to feel better.

I am constantly stressed, so I'm probably not a good one to give
advice, but here are some things that at least temporarily destress
me:

A long, hot bath

Going to bed early and getting more sleep -- if you're stressed, you
probably need more sleep than you normally do

Spending some time in the sun, not doing anything, just "playing
flower" and tipping your face up toward the sun and absorbing all that
energy (eyes closed, of course)

If you can afford it, getting a professional massage. There are also
neat versions with hot rocks.

Give yourself a break. If you're anything like me, you're stressing
over silly stuff sometimes, like having dishes in the sink, or laundry
undone, or feeling guilty because you didn't have time to cook a real
meal, or eat enough veggies, etc. Try to recognize when you're having
these thoughts and let them go. You're exceptionally busy and
stressed right now, and you have the right to let some little things
slip so that you can focus on the big things. Stress will make you
sick.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 24th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-24, Jane penned:
least she is looking miserable on the couch and not under the bed. I
AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people
probably have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE
IT????

Hot tea and chocolate, jammies, and DVR. I'm not kidding about
this, especially the chocolate part.

Or splurge on some "real" hot chocolate, the kind with the shaved
chocolate instead of just powder, and mix the hot beverage and
chocolate sensations!

I agree that the chocolate part is key, in whatever form. It actually
does have chemicals that will make you feel good.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

I AM SO STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW I CANNOT TELL YOU. I know other people
probably have a lot more to be stressed over. HOW DO YOU HANDLE IT????

If you have time, sit down for half an hour and listen to your favourite
music.
Go out somewhere to watch birds or wildlife for several hours with
binoculars.
Go out for a half hour walk daily and study all the houses and gardens as
you go to get ideas for your own.
Failing all that, Prozac is your friend.

Tweed