Cat underground railroad

Old September 3rd 04, 09:10 PM
dhelderman

Default Cat underground railroad

After giving away Sadie and tessa to my mom..This white and tiger striped
male showed up under my tomatos then later that evening this ugly calico
(its tiger striped and calico combination.) shows up. Then my nieghbor
brings over this kitten thats about 6 to 8 weeks old that has a hole in its
upper lip worms and fleas.. I'm watching it till she comes home about 5 or 6
she better come back and get it but if she says shes going to take it to the
pound i'll keep it cause they will put it to sleep because of its injuries.
GOD help me.. i think theres an underground railroad that spreads my address
around. But how can I turn away such little sad eyes. I think though i'm
going to complain to management about people throwing their cats outside.
I've put adds in the paper for the other two and they went unclaimed posted
signs by the mailbox and laundry room still no calls. How can people do
such things to these poor babies. Sigh I have three weeks to find them new
homes.

Old September 4th 04, 07:40 AM
LOL

"dhelderman" wrote in message ...
[...]

We're sending good home purrs for thse kitties. Have you looked into petfinder.org?

------
Krista

Old September 4th 04, 03:04 PM
Christine Burel

Purrs for your situation! I'd contact the local rescue groups and put signs
and photos up at the vet's office and if it were me, I'd take the kitten to
the vet to get some treatment for it's injury. I've had positive
experiences with 2 rescue groups both times I had a cat rescue situation; I
think it also helped that I paid for the animals' vet bills so they would
only have to provide a space for them and not have to pay to fix them -- it
was one of those I didn't have the money but did it anyway things-- my vet
let me have a 20% discount for their being rescues on all services for their
being rescues and let me run a tab and make payments, too.

Please let us know!
Christine

Old September 5th 04, 09:39 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the kitties to find their onetruehome and
thank you so much for taking such good care of them,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"dhelderman" wrote in message
After giving away Sadie and tessa to my mom..This white and tiger striped
male showed up under my tomatos then later that evening this ugly calico
(its tiger striped and calico combination.) shows up. Then my nieghbor
brings over this kitten thats about 6 to 8 weeks old that has a hole in

its
upper lip worms and fleas.. snip