I think my plan worked

Old August 19th 05, 04:41 AM
Marina

Default I think my plan worked

Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now. They chase each
other, wrestle, and kill mousies together. They leave Frank to snooze in
peace in the sauna. Sometimes he comes out and warbles at the kittens
before he goes to eat. Caliban, the food monster who will eat anything,
anytime, respectfully waits while Frank eats, and only when he is done,
Caliban will move in on the food.

When I give Miranda her meat, though, I have to shut Caliban into the
bathroom, so she can eat in peace. I usually give him a bowl of kitten
food in there. But the minute Mir-Mir is finished and I open the
bathroom door, Caliban comes galloping out and straight to the food
bowls. If Mir has left any meat, he hoovers it all up immediately. It's
so funny to see, when I open the door, and he explodes out and goes
gallop gallop gallop swerving on the slick laminate towards the bowls.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 19th 05, 04:59 AM
badwilson

Marina wrote:
[...]

I'm glad they are playing together and letting Frank have some peace.
Maybe one day Caliban will get Miranda to like food more!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old August 19th 05, 05:43 AM
Susan M

"Marina" wrote in message
Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now. They chase each other,
wrestle, and kill mousies together. They leave Frank to snooze in peace in
the sauna. Sometimes he comes out and warbles at the kittens before he
goes to eat. Caliban, the food monster who will eat anything, anytime,
respectfully waits while Frank eats, and only when he is done, Caliban
will move in on the food.

I'm so glad to hear that unkafrank can relax and that the two kids are
having so much fun!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old August 19th 05, 06:48 AM
Melissa Houle

Marina wrote in message
Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now. They chase each
other, wrestle, and kill mousies together. They leave Frank to snooze in
peace in the sauna. Sometimes he comes out and warbles at the kittens
before he goes to eat. Caliban, the food monster who will eat anything,
anytime, respectfully waits while Frank eats, and only when he is done,
Caliban will move in on the food.

What a respectful, and smart little fellow not to move in on Unka Frank
until Unka Frank has eaten his fill. G It does sound as if having a peer
of her own age has been good for Mir-Mir. And even better for Unka Frank,
as he can take his naps in peace.

SNIP. It's
so funny to see, when I open the door, and he explodes out and goes
gallop gallop gallop swerving on the slick laminate towards the bowls.

If Caliban's paws were tires, there would be the squeal of rubber on the
kitchen floor, eh? =o) Very funny image!

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Melissa

Old August 19th 05, 08:54 AM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 06:41:21 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now. They chase each
other, wrestle, and kill mousies together. They leave Frank to snooze in
peace in the sauna. Sometimes he comes out and warbles at the kittens
before he goes to eat. Caliban, the food monster who will eat anything,
anytime, respectfully waits while Frank eats, and only when he is done,
Caliban will move in on the food.

When I give Miranda her meat, though, I have to shut Caliban into the
bathroom, so she can eat in peace. I usually give him a bowl of kitten
food in there. But the minute Mir-Mir is finished and I open the
bathroom door, Caliban comes galloping out and straight to the food
bowls. If Mir has left any meat, he hoovers it all up immediately. It's
so funny to see, when I open the door, and he explodes out and goes
gallop gallop gallop swerving on the slick laminate towards the bowls.

Itall sounds wonderful, Marina, like a really happy little tribe.

Theresa
Old August 19th 05, 09:37 AM
Exocat

"Marina" wrote
Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now.

Xlnt!

Purrs that things continue on track
G & the FF

Old August 19th 05, 10:54 AM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
[...]

It sounds like everyones happy, I'm so glad. Frank is obviously getting
the respect he deserves. No need for Waffles to teleport over and sort
out the kids. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 19th 05, 12:57 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now. They chase each

Excellent!

Awww... what a good grandpaw!

before he goes to eat. Caliban, the food monster who will eat anything,
anytime, respectfully waits while Frank eats, and only when he is done,
Caliban will move in on the food.

Such a good kitten!

bowls. If Mir has left any meat, he hoovers it all up immediately. It's
so funny to see, when I open the door, and he explodes out and goes
gallop gallop gallop swerving on the slick laminate towards the bowls.

Aren't kittens fun?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 19th 05, 02:09 PM
Karen

God it sounds so cute. I had to give Pearl time out for stalking Sugar last
night and they almost FOUGHT fought. *sigh*.

Old August 19th 05, 03:23 PM
Enfilade

Marina wrote:
Mir-mir and Caliban play together all the time now. They chase each
other, wrestle, and kill mousies together. They leave Frank to snooze in
peace in the sauna.

What an excellent family setup. We have something similar--Smokey and
the bits goofing off, Nocturne regally supervising. Getting a playmate
for Miranda was an inspired idea.

--Fil