Enid update: Bad news

Old April 6th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Enid update: Bad news

It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've taken
them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a dead
swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

Tweed

Old April 6th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've taken
them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a dead
swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

Oh my! I'm so sorry! Poor boy, what a tragedy. I guess Enid is making
friends with Honk over at the Rainbow Bridge right about now?
My condolences. I hope you can find him another girl soon.

Jane
Old April 6th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ah, how sad. We were hoping Enid would recover, though it didn't sound good.
We will light a candle for her safe journey to the RB. She will be happy
there.
Lily (USA) and her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

{{{{{{{{{{Tweed and Shylock}}}}}}}}}}

It seems to be a bad news day - I'm so sorry for your loss. I will light a
candle for Enid tonight to help light her way to the bridge.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 6th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.

I am so sorry about that. I wish you best of luck in finding another
companion for Shylock.

--Fil

Old April 6th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote
It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid
has just had a seizure and passed away.

So, so sorry to hear this

Poor Shylock, losing 2 mates in such quick succession..........

Purrs, honks (from our village Aylesburys who nearly do that rather than
quack) Shibayips & human condolences to you both

Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius, Raki & the Duckpond 3

Old April 6th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.

Oh, dear! I am so sorry, Christina!

Old April 7th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:42:40 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've taken
them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a dead
swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

Tweed

Oh poor Shylock! It does seem so unfair. RB purrs for Enid, and
feel-better and new-wifey purrs for Shylock.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 7th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oh, that's sad. Poor Shylock...I was following this and hoping Enid
would get better. Keep him safe from avian flu wackos, and I hope you
can find him another girlfriend before they shut things down.

PatM

Old April 7th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've
taken them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a
young wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a
dead swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

Tweed

Poor Enid, I'm sorry she had such a hard time of it. And I know Shylock is
likely bereft. So he of course will take it out on you and he only knows
you are supposed to keep his world right. At least you understand and don't
blame him for his bad temper. Boy just needs a proper gander to keep him in
his place and happy.

I do hope you are able to find him another mate.

While we're at it, many purrs that the bird flu gets stopped in its tracks.

Jo