Enid update: Bad news

Old April 7th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Enid update: Bad news

I'm very sorry about Enid, Tweed. I hope that even with the Avian flu,
a third bride can be found for Shylock. Panther and Enid crossed the
bridge together, today. Hopefully, they hissed at each other
companionably.

Melissa

Old April 7th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:42:40 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've taken
them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a dead
swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

Tweed

Sincere condolences. As I know nothing at all about geese, I am wondering
if they ever form a friendship bond with another species. Do you suppose
he would take care of some baby ducks? MLB

Old April 7th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I'm so sorry for your and Shylock's loss. Poor Enid. You and your vet did
everything you could by her. Many purrs for her passing to the Bridge and
for Shylock and you, too.
Christine

Old April 7th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-06 16:42:40 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:

It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid
has just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've
taken them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a
young wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese
around here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in
Scotland in a dead swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will
be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot.
I don't blame him, he's lonely.

Tweed

Oh I am SO sorry. This made me cry for Honk and for you. I so hoped it
was not that serious. Please let us know what they find. Purrs to find
Honk a new friend. Poor Honk and poor Enid and poor you too. Just so
sad ***

Old April 7th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.

Oh, no! I'm sorry!

I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.

Poor boy. I hope you can find him another mate.

Purrs,

Joyce

Old April 7th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote:
It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've taken
them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a dead
swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

I'm so sorry to hear about Enid. Although I don't know any domestic
geese (just the wild ones that sometimes walk their babies across our
lawns), from how you described yours, I feel that they're good people.

Old April 7th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm very sorry about Enid, Tweed. I hope that even with the Avian flu,
a third bride can be found for Shylock. Panther and Enid crossed the
bridge together, today. Hopefully, they hissed at each other
companionably.

Melissa

Oh, Melissa -- I'm so sad for you, too. You did the right thing by your
good friend although I know how hard it was to do. Purrs for Panther's
crossing and for your heart.
Christine, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old April 7th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

So sorry to hear about Enid's passing.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 7th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
It's 10.30 p.m. and I've just had a call from the vet to say that Enid has
just had a seizure and passed away.
They have offered to do a post-mortem (autopsy) free of charge so I've taken
them up on this.
I am so so sad for Shylock. It seems so unfair that he's lost such a young
wife so soon after losing Honk last year.
Finding him another girl won't be easy, there seem to be few geese around
here, and with the news that avian flu has been found in Scotland in a dead
swan, it's likely that movements of waterfowl will be banned.
Poor lad. He is in an extremely bad mood and is hissing at me a lot. I
don't blame him, he's lonely.

I'm so very sorry to read this news, Tweed! Many purrs for you and for
poor Shylock! Life can be so unfair. It must be heartbreaking to have
him mourn like that. I will be very interested to hear what the autopsy
says. How kind of that vet to do it! he sounds like a good 'un.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi