Toilet bowl training

Old April 15th 06, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Toilet bowl training

Calico has been pretty standoffish since I pushed all those pills down
her throat and shaved some mats off her. So in the middle of the night
when I go to the bathroom, is when she is friendliest - I've never done
anything to her then! She will rub up against me and I finally decided
to start picking her up and socializing the being. She is taking to it
very well. I sit on the toilet and hold her. She purrs and for a few
minutes we get in some decent bonding time. She is getting better about
how long she will be held and now she is jumping on me in the living
room and bedroom, so it must be working! It is nice to see her come
back after being so sick when I first got her. She really is doing
well. As a friend of mine pointed out, the food is good, the slave is
well trained, the neighbors (other cats) are mellow and easy to get
along with, the litter boxes are kept clean, and I give out drugs
(catnip) on a routine basis. What's not to like?
She even has her own personal bed in the bathtub - her favorite place to
hangout.

Bridget
Old April 16th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
Calico has been pretty standoffish since I pushed all those pills down
her throat and shaved some mats off her. So in the middle of the night
when I go to the bathroom, is when she is friendliest - I've never done
anything to her then!

You better be careful...Tyche doesn't like it when anyone is in the
Chamber of Secrets (bathroom) without her supervision! Who KNOWS what
secret things might be happening in there?!

--Fil

Old April 16th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Miranda's favourite place to be held is when I'm sitting on the toilet.
She doesn't stay in my lap anywhere else these days (quite a change
from her first months with me, when she was *always* on me).

Old April 16th 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
Bridget wrote:
Calico has been pretty standoffish since I pushed all those pills
down her throat and shaved some mats off her. So in the middle of
the night when I go to the bathroom, is when she is friendliest -
I've never done anything to her then!

You better be careful...Tyche doesn't like it when anyone is in the
Chamber of Secrets (bathroom) without her supervision! Who KNOWS what
secret things might be happening in there?!

--Fil

Is it actually possible to visit the bathroom without feline supervision?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 16th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:
Bridget wrote:
Calico has been pretty standoffish since I pushed all those pills
down her throat and shaved some mats off her. So in the middle of
the night when I go to the bathroom, is when she is friendliest -
I've never done anything to her then!

You better be careful...Tyche doesn't like it when anyone is in the
Chamber of Secrets (bathroom) without her supervision! Who KNOWS what
secret things might be happening in there?!

--Fil

Is it actually possible to visit the bathroom without feline supervision?

If Boyfie is in the house at the time, no. Kitty has never bothered about
this but he takes bathroom duties extremely seriously. I only have to nip
up the stairs to visit the bathroom and he appears up there to encourage me
and wrap himself round my legs. Just in case I can't perform without him
;-)
He's an awful worrier. He doesn't seem to trust me at all to be sensible.
He comes down the garden with me every day when I feed the chickens. "don't
get on that ladder again, you fell off it!"
Bless his little cotton socks.

Tweed

Old April 17th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-16, Christina Websell penned:

If Boyfie is in the house at the time, no. Kitty has never bothered
about this but he takes bathroom duties extremely seriously. I only
have to nip up the stairs to visit the bathroom and he appears up
there to encourage me and wrap himself round my legs. Just in case
I can't perform without him ;-) He's an awful worrier. He doesn't
seem to trust me at all to be sensible. He comes down the garden
with me every day when I feed the chickens. "don't get on that
ladder again, you fell off it!" Bless his little cotton socks.

That sounds so nice, as opposed to Oscar, who stretches out at the top
of the stairs and tries to grab at me and trip me as I pass her.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 17th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
That sounds so nice, as opposed to Oscar, who stretches out at the top
of the stairs and tries to grab at me and trip me as I pass her.

Several time Rusty almost tripped me on his race to his food bowl.

Winnie
--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 19th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-16, Christina Websell penned:

If Boyfie is in the house at the time, no. Kitty has never bothered
about this but he takes bathroom duties extremely seriously. I only
have to nip up the stairs to visit the bathroom and he appears up
there to encourage me and wrap himself round my legs. Just in case
I can't perform without him ;-) He's an awful worrier. He doesn't
seem to trust me at all to be sensible. He comes down the garden
with me every day when I feed the chickens. "don't get on that
ladder again, you fell off it!" Bless his little cotton socks.

That sounds so nice, as opposed to Oscar, who stretches out at the top
of the stairs and tries to grab at me and trip me as I pass her.

If KFC could be bothered to rise from the fireside, this sounds like
something she might like to do. It would amuse her.
I'm sure there are others on this group who have a nice cat like Boyfriend.
He has no temper at all and is always cheerful, he greets me in the morning
when I get up like a long lost friend. He needs to supervise everything I
do and always helps down the garden with the poultry every morning and
evening.
He's always polite. "Would it be ok if I get on your knee?" and he waits
until I say yes. Then he jumps up and wants lots of belly rubs on his
spotty tummy.
If he ever scratched or bit me I'd know he had a brain tumour. He does not
know how to scratch or bite his meowmie and I know he never would. He is a
shy gentle cat and I nearly took him to a rescue place because I didn't want
him!

Tweed

Old April 20th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-16, Christina Websell penned:

[...]

Dat My Sweet Boyfie!!!

Mimi
(Weeble's baby sisfur)