I'm no Nip-head!

Old May 10th 05, 04:46 PM
Helen Miles

Default I'm no Nip-head!

I was in Pets-at-home (a large pet store like Petco) earlier. I decided
to buy some catnip for the owners.

I have never given catnip to Cleo, and I had no idea what her reaction
would be. As I sprinkled it on the carpet, Pandora and Tiger were
straight there getting stoned out of their tiny kitty minds.

Cleo on the other hand, took one sniff of the (very strong) catnip,
sneezed loudly, and looked at me and the other two (who were away with
the faries by this time) as if to say, "I don't do drugs, I'm no
Nip-head!", turned around and went back upstairs to bed.

I guess I don't need to worry that she'll move onto the hard stuff! ;o)

Helen M

Old May 10th 05, 04:56 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:46:02 +0000, Helen Miles wrote:

I was in Pets-at-home (a large pet store like Petco) earlier. I decided to
buy some catnip for the owners.

I have never given catnip to Cleo, and I had no idea what her reaction
would be. As I sprinkled it on the carpet, Pandora and Tiger were straight
there getting stoned out of their tiny kitty minds.

Cleo on the other hand, took one sniff of the (very strong) catnip,
sneezed loudly, and looked at me and the other two (who were away with the
faries by this time) as if to say, "I don't do drugs, I'm no Nip-head!",
turned around and went back upstairs to bed.

I guess I don't need to worry that she'll move onto the hard stuff! ;o)

Helen M

My tabby loves it but my Siamese (RB) never reacted to it at all. MLB

Old May 10th 05, 06:22 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:46:02 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
yodeled:

I was in Pets-at-home (a large pet store like Petco) earlier. I decided
to buy some catnip for the owners.

I have never given catnip to Cleo, and I had no idea what her reaction
would be. As I sprinkled it on the carpet, Pandora and Tiger were
straight there getting stoned out of their tiny kitty minds.

Were they singing "Pass the Dutchie"?

Theresa
Old May 11th 05, 02:32 AM
Christina Websell

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:562143f4079e816fdb4d263ece494518.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
I was in Pets-at-home (a large pet store like Petco) earlier. I decided
to buy some catnip for the owners.

I have never given catnip to Cleo, and I had no idea what her reaction
would be. As I sprinkled it on the carpet, Pandora and Tiger were
straight there getting stoned out of their tiny kitty minds.

Cleo on the other hand, took one sniff of the (very strong) catnip,
sneezed loudly, and looked at me and the other two (who were away with
the faries by this time) as if to say, "I don't do drugs, I'm no
Nip-head!", turned around and went back upstairs to bed.

I guess I don't need to worry that she'll move onto the hard stuff! ;o)

Helen M

Kitty FC agrees with Cleo. She doesn't understand what all the fuss is
about with catnip. "Sniff" eh? Why is Boyfriend rolling around??

Tweed

Old May 11th 05, 03:42 AM
Enfilade

3 out of 10 cats are not genetically able to respond to catnip.

Nox won't use it unless it's GOOD STUFF (freshly picked, or else the
stuff I get at the local Pagan shop-organically grown and dried. The
stuff from the vet and pet store is crap in her exalted opinion.)

--Fil

Old May 12th 05, 12:22 PM
SuzQ

That's really funny, I guess she'll be the designated driver.
Suz&Spicey

Old May 12th 05, 04:24 PM
Lesley

Nox won't use it unless it's GOOD STUFF (freshly picked, or else the
stuff I get at the local Pagan shop-organically grown and dried. The
stuff from the vet and pet store is crap in her exalted opinion.)

Nox is one fussy cat!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Head Scratch Wilba Cat anecdotes 33 October 18th 04 04:39 PM
The songs in my head...was Future Kityy-In-Law Gennie Kiuchi Cat anecdotes 93 September 27th 04 05:55 AM
Kitty Hit Parade, or "Upside-Downy Head" Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 42 June 9th 04 06:16 PM
Trying to Sleep With A Fat FuzzButt on your Head Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 6 April 15th 04 01:55 AM