Boyfie's progress

Old January 23rd 14, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie's progress

He's doing fabulously. The power of the purr works again!
The vet rang me yesterday to see how he was and to run the little article
he's written about him past me that he's going to put on their Facebook
page. It should be up there in a day or two. They'll be some pics but he
says he hasn't put photos of his wound there as it might gross people out.
In the article he says one third of his small intestine was protruding :-(
and that the sleepless night he and the head nurse, Ami, had was worth it.
He's cautiously predicting a complete recovery.

Just had a look at Chine House Veterinary Hospital FB page, the Boy is not
up there yet.

Resisting his continual pleas of "oh, please, oh please let me go out to
have a wee/poo" is hard and because usually his wish is my command, he
thinks I've gone deaf, so he tries a bit harder. He will do a wee in the
earth litterbox placed near the back door (once a day) but I've just refused
him the out and now he'd heading upstairs to the bathroom and wowling, so I
guess he needs a poo (TMI?) At least his intestines are working, and a poo
in the bathtub is not a problem.
I've only left him to go out for bread and milk, the rest of the time I
spend mainly in my armchair so he can sleep in my lap (his favourite place)
and do upside-downy head. While he's sleeping he is healing.

I feel like I've won the lottery because he's still with me. I truly do.

Tweed

Old January 23rd 14, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/23/2014 11:27 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It's wonderful news! And hey, he's on your lap again so he's the
forgiving sort. They don't understand when we do things that are for
their own good, in their best interests. But they usually forgive us.

Jill
Old January 23rd 14, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 1/23/2014 11:27 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
He's doing fabulously. The power of the purr works again!
The vet rang me yesterday to see how he was and to run the little article
he's written about him past me that he's going to put on their Facebook
page. It should be up there in a day or two. They'll be some pics but
he
says he hasn't put photos of his wound there as it might gross people
out.
In the article he says one third of his small intestine was protruding
:-(
[...]

Vet says leave off the painkillers and see if he goes on Ok. He does.
Amazing.
He's still a greedy boy so his antibiotics liquid drops into his food,and
although he was suspicious the first time he decided that eating was better
than leaving it.
How he isn't in extreme pain still I don't know but he doesn't seem to be.
He is doing great.
His main concern is "let me out" and he is very disappointed when I say No.
He jumped on my lap after a refusal yesterday and actually sighed. I've
never know him sigh before, ever.
He doesn't realise how he nearly died last Thursday.

Tweed

Old January 23rd 14, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2014-01-23 2:33 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
Vet says leave off the painkillers and see if he goes on Ok. He does.
Amazing.
He's still a greedy boy so his antibiotics liquid drops into his food,and
although he was suspicious the first time he decided that eating was better
than leaving it.
How he isn't in extreme pain still I don't know but he doesn't seem to be.
He is doing great.
His main concern is "let me out" and he is very disappointed when I say No.
He jumped on my lap after a refusal yesterday and actually sighed. I've
never know him sigh before, ever.
He doesn't realise how he nearly died last Thursday.

That's great news about his improvement.

Cats are funny with regards to pain. I've brought spayed female cats
home from the vet, along with instructions to keep them from jumping.
It's hard to do! You don't see human females who've just had a
hysterectomy trying to jump or run. In fact, when I had surgery, I found
that the surgeons were pretty good at predicting how long I should wait
before trying to lift anything - when I forgot and tried to do so too
early, I noticed pain right away and stopped. Cats often don't seem to
react that way.

--
Cheryl
Old January 24th 14, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On 2014-01-23 2:33 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Have you had a cat sigh after being continually refused a wish to go out?
I've never seen my boy sigh before. It's for his own good atm to stay in
but he absolutely cannot stand it. Roll on Monday when his stitches are
out. He hates being in 24/7
I don't want him to sigh ever again.

Old January 24th 14, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Have you had a cat sigh after being continually refused a wish to go out?
I've never seen my boy sigh before. It's for his own good atm to stay in
but he absolutely cannot stand it. Roll on Monday when his stitches are
out. He hates being in 24/7
I don't want him to sigh ever again.

I know he's very frustrated about not being able to go out, but the sigh
might be for something different. My cats sigh when they're all curled up
with me and relaxed, getting pets and scritches. Roxy does it all the time
while lying in my arms as I surf the web or play Bubbels. It's a happy sigh,
and it's so cute.

--
Joyce

A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old January 24th 14, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Have you had a cat sigh after being continually refused a wish to go
out?
I've never seen my boy sigh before. It's for his own good atm to stay
in
but he absolutely cannot stand it. Roll on Monday when his stitches are
out. He hates being in 24/7
I don't want him to sigh ever again.

I know he's very frustrated about not being able to go out, but the sigh
might be for something different. My cats sigh when they're all curled up
with me and relaxed, getting pets and scritches. Roxy does it all the time
while lying in my arms as I surf the web or play Bubbels. It's a happy
sigh,
and it's so cute.

He sighed because I refused him the out (again) and he'd been trying to make
me understand that he needed it, not just wanted.
Monday will come, babe (I often call him that)

Tweed