Funny: Cats Suck Each Other

Old January 11th 05, 08:24 PM
Larry R Harrison Jr

Default Funny: Cats Suck Each Other

I am curious; we have 2 kittens (twins practically) which love to suck
either on each other or on an older cat that also is with us. They love to
suck under the neck especially; they particularly love to suck on the older
cat's neck but that cat commonly doesn't like it and so they've taken to
sucking on each other as an alternative.

To me, it's about the funniest thing I think I've ever seen. Makes me die
laughing almost.

Why do they do that; I'm just curious, I have no problem with it--again, I
think it's hilarious personally. Also--the older one DOES like to
tongue-bathe them. Why do cats like to do that? Also cute & funny to me.

LRH

Old January 11th 05, 09:02 PM
Gareth

Weird we have two kittens also nearly identical and also do the thing you
said whereby they appear to suck each others neck. Aint that bloody strange!
Anyway it is strange but doesnt seem like anything to worry about!

Old January 11th 05, 09:10 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote in message
I am curious; we have 2 kittens (twins practically) which love to suck
either on each other or on an older cat that also is with us. They love to
suck under the neck especially; they particularly love to suck on the

older
cat's neck but that cat commonly doesn't like it and so they've taken to
sucking on each other as an alternative.

To me, it's about the funniest thing I think I've ever seen. Makes me die
laughing almost.

Why do they do that; I'm just curious, I have no problem with it--again, I
think it's hilarious personally. Also--the older one DOES like to
tongue-bathe them. Why do cats like to do that? Also cute & funny to me.

LRH

Iv'e been told it's a nursing thing...If they were separated from their moms
before she weaned them, they will suck on eachother for comfort....
apparently it's normal, & they (Usually) grow out of it.
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old January 12th 05, 03:56 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr

Thanks for the tips. They were young when we got them but I think we did get
them AFTER they had been weaned from their mother--but they were VERY young.

It's CUTE to me, I think it's the funniest & cutest thing they do.

LRH