OT do any of you have sleep apnea

Old August 6th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Default OT do any of you have sleep apnea

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
I just got diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea just wondering if any of
you suffer from anything like this?

I got to go in and see what can be done. It can be surgery or the mask
maybe medication.

Just wondering anyone else experiences

I do. I have a CPAP machine and a veritable parade of masks...I've been on
it for about 7 months now. I do not snore and breathe really well with the
machine on. Sleep is still disturbed a bit, but that's from getting older...
And yes, my cat still sleeps with me, but not as much as before. Woodgie is
still a little aghast at the mask in the morning, no matter which one it is.
She's not perturbed at the hose or the noise from the machine. She doesn't
want to hang around my room all night anymore is all. That may be cause
she's older, as well....

--
Kathy P.

Old August 6th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 5, 12:37�pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
I just got diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea just wondering if any of
you suffer from anything like this?

I got to go in and see what can be done. �It can be surgery or the mask
maybe medication.

Just wondering anyone else experiences

My son has severe sleep apnea. He has had surgery that widened the air
passages in his nose, removal
of polyps, and removal of his adenoids. He uses a CPAP machine every
night. No medication, except
OTC allergy meds when he needs them.
It is *extremely* important, as I'm sure you know, to use the machine
if you get one. Sleep apnea causes
sharp rises/drops in blood pressure, all night long, which greatly
increases heart attack risk. You'd probably
be given the choice of machines that use water, and the ones that
don't. He likes the one with water, as it keeps his nose from drying
out during the night.
If you're overweight, sometimes sleep apnea can vastly improved with
weight loss.
Good luck with it, Matthew.

Sherry
Old August 6th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default To everyone thanks for the replies

According to the web there is but there are so many different versions.
Mine might involve removing my tonsils * ]
The looks like there are alternative to it

To everyone thanks for the replies

I have done the first study now comes the fun part * *I have seen the new
machine and Joyce you definitely need to look at a newer model that your
insurance covers

It is a lot to sink in I already changed doctor about this *the last one
said lose some weight that is the cause I told him this was going on *way
before I gained the weight. *He said that can't be possible I asked did you
look at my chart. *He gave me one of those deer in the head light looks.. I
said see ya *Don't need to prove anything I say to a stranger that is an
idiot. *About as bad as the last time I was in the hospital and the idiot
Doc tried to give me penicillin *Even though In big red letter allergic to
penicillin and penicillin based products.

I had my tonsils removed when I was 23, but it had nothing to do with
my sleeping/breathing.

I got my CPAP about a year ago. My 'sleep number' was only about 10,
very mild, but the difference is amazing! It took me months to get
used to it, too. I'd pull the mask off in the middle of the night (and
turn off the machine) in my sleep, and once I even took it apart and
put it in the bathroom! I'd lay in bed with the mask on, feeling like
I couldn't breathe, when actually I was breathing just fine.

However, the differences: I no longer 'sleep violently'. I don't
wake up with the sheets torn off the bed and the pillows all over the
floor. I no longer wake up soaked in sweat. I tend to wake up in the
same position that I fell asleep in. The best part? My cat can now
sleep cuddled up close to my face! I'm allergic to her, so that used
to make my nose stuff up, but now my air supply is 'way over there',
so she can sleep closer to me. We're both happy about that. She's not
freaked out by the machine at all. I really do feel better during the
day. An afternoon nap is no longer necessary (and I used to LOVE my
afternoon naps, too!).

I have a humidifier, but I also tend to keep my place a little on the
warm side all summer, so I don't use the humidifier during the
summer. When it's hot and muggy in the bedroom, I don't want hot
muggy air on my face, too! It's great during the winter, though.
Yes, it's a pain to wash and keep clean enough, but it's just part of
my morning routine now, too. Well worth it.

Oh yeah, my blood sugar dropped like a stone and I lost 15 lbs, too.
(however they did come right back). My blood pressure has gotten
lower.. My doctor is very pleased. My blood sugar is a little more
stable as well, which helps with the control.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old August 6th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default Monday night I go in

Monday night I go in for the mask sleep study 8:30 pm I told the people I
don't go to bed till midnight or later. It will be one of those nights
again

Old August 6th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Do some extra stuff on Monday and maybe you will be able to go to sleep
sooner. I can't imagine going to sleep knowing someone is paying attention
to you. Glad it will be a manageable thing for you.
g.com...

Old August 6th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

you are watched all the time every where you go it does not bother me If I
was getting intimate than they could pay me for it ;-)

I will just stay up playing WOW all night
"Granby" wrote in message
Do some extra stuff on Monday and maybe you will be able to go to sleep
sooner. I can't imagine going to sleep knowing someone is paying
attention to you. Glad it will be a manageable thing for you.
g.com...

Old August 6th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

OMG I stumped Granby for words
Is that worth a point :-)

"Granby" wrote in message
Uh well, Uh whatever. In any case wishing you all the best.
g.com...

"Granby" wrote in message
Do some extra stuff on Monday and maybe you will be able to go to sleep
sooner. I can't imagine going to sleep knowing someone is paying
attention to you. Glad it will be a manageable thing for you.
g.com...

Old August 6th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

You get 2 points.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
g.com...

"Granby" wrote in message
Uh well, Uh whatever. In any case wishing you all the best.
g.com...

"Granby" wrote in message
Do some extra stuff on Monday and maybe you will be able to go to sleep
sooner. I can't imagine going to sleep knowing someone is paying
attention to you. Glad it will be a manageable thing for you.
g.com...

Old August 6th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

Monday night I go in for the mask sleep study 8:30 pm I told the
people I don't go to bed till midnight or later. It will be one of
those nights again

What's worse is they likely will wake you up and send you home bright
and early. They did when Charlie had his study done.

We've got the machine. It really helps. He won't use it.

Such is life.

Jo