And...

Old May 5th 10, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Apple Crisp

Adrian wrote:
Lesley wrote:
On Apr 25, 11:34 am, Suz wrote:

Thanks Sherry and Marina. I'll try not to be a stranger, but might be
strange sometimes.

Then you're in good company- we're all strange sometimes!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Strange is normal round here. :-0

Strange is good and fun.

Pam S.
Old May 5th 10, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default And...

I would think one's response might depend what you can and cannot see.
Picasso just confuses me for the most part.
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
hopitus wrote:

You have a discerning eye, anyway. Kinkade was/is (like, is the dude
dead?)
NOT Picasso. ROFL. Do you like Toulouse Lautrec? One of my faves.

Unfortunately, Kinkade is still alive and living and has his art studio in
Western North Carolina.

His art is not demanding. There is not need for an emotional response to
his work. It is pretty lighting and so forth, but that's about it. I was
more impressed with Mary Casset, Laura Burch (who also doesn't demand an
emotional response, but gets one), Monet, Manet, and Suratt.

Pam S. who is sure she spelled some of these incorrectly.

Old May 5th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In m,
tanadashoes typed:
Adrian wrote:
Lesley wrote:
On Apr 25, 11:34 am, Suz wrote:

Thanks Sherry and Marina. I'll try not to be a stranger, but might
be strange sometimes.

Then you're in good company- we're all strange sometimes!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Strange is normal round here. :-0

Strange is good and fun.

Strange is half of a chaotic spare.

Yowie

Old May 5th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

In m,
tanadashoes typed:
Adrian wrote:
Lesley wrote:
On Apr 25, 11:34 am, Suz wrote:

Thanks Sherry and Marina. I'll try not to be a stranger, but might
be strange sometimes.

Then you're in good company- we're all strange sometimes!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Strange is normal round here. :-0

Strange is good and fun.

Strange is half of a chaotic spare.

"The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm."

Joyce
Old May 6th 10, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 5/05/2010 10:49 AM, tanadashoes wrote:
hopitus wrote:

You have a discerning eye, anyway. Kinkade was/is (like, is the dude
dead?)
NOT Picasso. ROFL. Do you like Toulouse Lautrec? One of my faves.

Unfortunately, Kinkade is still alive and living and has his art studio
in Western North Carolina.

Good luck to the guy - he has talent that he's put to use and folks love
what he does. Its not to my taste, but hey, he's probably brought
happiness to more people than I ever well, so goo on him.

His art is not demanding. There is not need for an emotional response to
his work. It is pretty lighting and so forth, but that's about it. I was
more impressed with Mary Casset, Laura Burch (who also doesn't demand an
emotional response, but gets one), Monet, Manet, and Suratt.

Now the impressionists knew about light! I paid a small fortune and
fought my demophobia to see an exhibition of Money and the
Impressionists at the NSW art gallery last year. I could have sat there
all day and still not had my fill of them, but the crowd itself kept us
moving at a steady pace. My very favourite is this one
http://www.rleggat.com/photohistory/...et-sunrise.jpg
but I have yet to see an even remotely adequate reproduction of it. I'd
encourage everyone to get to a Monet exhibition if they possibly could.

Seurat is the guy who painted in another imrpessionist who painted in
dots - he could be plamed for the method of colour printing using just 3
(or 4) passes of ink - by using dots.

And Laura Burch's work is just delightful without being saccharine. But
perhaps I am biased because of the subject :-)

Yowie

Old May 8th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

hopitus wrote:

[...]

Yeppers, you have picked one of my favorite Monets. I also love the
Giverchney garden series. Or was that Manet? One of my fantasies is to
own a Laura Burch print or painting. Won't happen, but I can dream, right?

Pam S.