[OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

Old February 5th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

In article , NMR
wrote:

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote in message
In article , Adrian
wrote:

Jo Firey wrote:
"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
news "Yoj" wrote:

A cup of strong black coffee can be a real help in a situation like
that. It contains drugs that are similar to theophylin that help open
up the lungs. Proper treatment is better of course, but coffee can
be a real help in the mean time.

Jo

Also good chocolate, it contains theobromine which is part of the same
family.

The family is the methylxanthines, of which the major members are
caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine. Aminophylline is a modified
form of theophylline that is injectable, but really has no current
place in the treatment of asthma.

Of the three main alkaloids, theophylline, as has been suggested, is
the strongest bronchodilator, which helps in an acute asthma attack.
Of common beverages, strong tea has the greatest amount of actual
theophylline. Coffee has the most caffeine.

I thought tea had the highest caffeine amount

Depends on the brewing technique, with instant the lowest and
drip/espresso the highest. A rule of thumb is that a 6 oz/180 ml cup
of coffee contains between 50 and 150 mg of caffeine, with no
significant quantities of other methylxanthine alkaloids. 1oz/30ml of
single-shot espresso has about 100 mg.

Tea is more typically 20-100, but with other alkaloids besides
caffeine. I'm trying to hunt down concentrations.

Getting into more detail than people probably want, caffeine gets
transformed, in the liver, to paraxanthine (84%), theobromine (12%),
and theophylline (4%).
Old February 5th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

news "Yoj" wrote:

[...]

Howard if you are trying to hunt down concentrations of caffeine there is a
south American tree bark that is loaded with pure caffeine which we both
know is well known to cause a euphoria state

Old February 5th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Age Appropriate Dress?

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 12:39:01 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-02-05, penned:
John F. Eldredge wrote:

Well, for that matter, I have 20 years experience as a programmer
(and college degrees in both electronics and programming, as well
as a Bachelor's degree in History), and class myself as a "skilled
worker".

That makes sense. Other than the fact that programmers are extremely
well-paid, which makes them middle-class, the work itself is
certainly of the skilled-worker variety.

I'm a little confused. What constitutes a skilled worker? The term
looks like it should mean "someone who's good at what they do and has
invested time and training into doing it well," but I don't think
that's what you mean.

I've always been a bit confused by the white collar / blue collar
distinction. I don't get it, I guess.

The white collar/blue collar labor division has always been a bit
vague. One traditional definition would be that a blue collar worker
works with his hands, making something, and a white collar worker
works with his mind. However, most "making something" jobs involve
judgement as well as physical effort, and "white-collar" jobs vary
considerably in how much individual decision-making is involved.
Management would generally be considered a white-collar job, but,
particularly in smaller companies, a low-level manager may well be
involved on the factory or restaurant floor, and not just supervising.

My classification of myself as a "skilled worker" is because a
programmer is basically a tool-maker, enabling other people's jobs to
be done more efficiently.

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

[OT] Most bizzarre thing you've seen Yowie Cat anecdotes 10 December 22nd 05 08:24 PM
[OT] A Generic Greeting [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 December 21st 05 10:27 AM
[OT] Why we love children - humor CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 November 28th 05 04:27 AM
the dress Miss Violette Cat community 29 October 3rd 04 08:29 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM