Crackers.....

Old September 10th 03, 01:30 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Sherry " wrote in message
I went to my daughter's today. She answered the door, had just woke up,

and
went straight back to the bedroom to get dressed. So I sat on the couch

and
waited, and noticed a ziplock bag of snack crackers on the coffee table,

that
looked like maybe a generic version of the "Goldfish" cheesy crackers. I

tried
one. They were pretty tasty, and I especially liked the absence of

excessive
salty taste that most crackers have. They were kind of like a hard
parmeson-cheesy flat biscuit, shaped like a fish. So I was happily

munching a
handful when she came back in. I said, "What are these called?"
She said dryly, "Cat treats."
Before I could have a chance to run and spit them out, she went on to say,

she
bought the cutter-mold thingy at Petsmart, and it comes with recipes for
homemade cat treats. So at least they were sanitary.
Her cats love them. Has anybody else tried them?

LOL!
Brenda

Old September 10th 03, 02:34 AM
OU812?

Hopitus2 wrote:
That is the funniest thing you have *ever* posted, Western Girl!
Would it make you feel better to know a dark secret from Hopitus? I
tasted those "Bacons" strips we used to buy for the RB Akita, who
adored them........and was not stricken with the urge to keep them
all for myself! They did look like bacon......but the smell of cat
treats does not appeal to this hoomin.

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

Have you seen the commercial for Whiska's Temptations that has a guy eating
them and talking about how good they taste? Then he says: "But i don't
understand why this cat's on the bag" After the narrator says something
about them being cat treats, the guy gets a funny look and asks for a glass
of water.

Aside from this, my kids, 6 and 11 yrs old, tried them one day when i wasn't
looking and both report that they tasted quite good.

Kristy
--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

Old September 10th 03, 04:16 AM
Hopitus2

Reverting to my Pirate 2nd Class persona: "Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!" When we were
zipping up and down I-70 in Denver, continually passing a *huge*
Ralston-Purina pet food plant, I *knew* we should have sneaked in and looked
around in there, no doubt to find atrocities of which you speak - beaks,
bone marrow, talons - being fed into monstrous mechanical pulverizing
machines ending in a procession of cans bearing adorable cat/dog labels!
Chicken "by-products"! Also would have learned *if* Corn Chex produced at
same plant.

"Takayuki" wrote in message
: (Sherry ) wrote:
:
: I went to my daughter's today. She answered the door, had just woke up,
and
: went straight back to the bedroom to get dressed. So I sat on the couch
and
: waited, and noticed a ziplock bag of snack crackers on the coffee table,
that
: looked like maybe a generic version of the "Goldfish" cheesy crackers. I
tried
: one. They were pretty tasty, and I especially liked the absence of
excessive
: salty taste that most crackers have. They were kind of like a hard
: parmeson-cheesy flat biscuit, shaped like a fish. So I was happily
munching a
: handful when she came back in. I said, "What are these called?"
: She said dryly, "Cat treats."
:
: That's so funny! You're now an honorary cat.
:
: I figure that we humans probably have a more general purpose digestive
: tract than cats do, so we can probably handle eating anything they
: can. And one of my favorite cereals, Corn Chex, is made by Ralston
: Purina, after all. It's probably made the same way as their dog food,
: except that it has more corn and less chicken beak and bone marrow.
:

Old September 10th 03, 11:31 AM
Sherry

I'm sorry, but ROFL!!

My little brother as a toddler used to try to beat the d*g to her bowl
to eat Gaines-Burgers

Oh, wow. I remember those. I wonder what they really were. I'm fairly sure they
were in no way, shape or form made of "burger."

(do they still make those things?), and there
was once a product marketed as ice cream for dogs, which my
grandmother tried. She said it wasn't bad. ;-)

Frosty Paws!! I remember that too!!

Sherry

But cat food? No, I can't say I know anyone who's tried that. :-P

------
Krista

Old September 10th 03, 01:11 PM
Lisa Katt

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

OU812 Kristy? If not, I think you should. You want the best for your kitties
and kids, right?
Elisabet

Old September 10th 03, 11:18 PM
Jette Goldie

"OU812?" wrote
Have you seen the commercial for Whiska's Temptations that has a guy

eating
them and talking about how good they taste? Then he says: "But i don't
understand why this cat's on the bag" After the narrator says something
about them being cat treats, the guy gets a funny look and asks for a

glass
of water.

The pet food manufacturers do have a human taster on staff.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old September 10th 03, 11:59 PM
Cheryl

In ,
[...]