Need "Sticking" purrs

Old September 10th 03, 11:33 PM
Cheryl

Default Need "Sticking" purrs

I took the advice of someone near and dear to us here and hung some
signs to try and find a home for one of the strays in my b/y that has
become very friendly and needy of a home (he has been trying to get in
mine). I think something happened to him recently to make him so
urgently want to come in now but he's content to stay out on my back
deck and fenced in yard as long as he has enough food, and sleep in a
shelter I put out. But this can not go on for long. Busy road, winter
coming. A guy at work answered the call and asked about him and if he
had a "friend". He came out last night and met both the black and
white stray now named Jake LaMeowta and the gray stray named
Lightning. He fell in love with both but particularly Jake since Jake
played the game just right. Jake let him hold him, purred like you
wouldn't believe and rolled on his back for tummy rubs. Rubbed his
little fuzzy face against him like he KNEW it meant finally a home of
his own. We had to wait until my neighbor finished mowing his lawn
for Lightning to show up but as if on cue, he did. A little more
stand-offish but friendly none-the-less. Lightning knows who feeds
him... for now (my neighbors mostly). It may take a bit for those two
to be able to cohabitate together but they have a history of hunting
together so I have hopes. Their future slave knows and understands
and expects this and I may have to get him to solicit the help of
Megan to help with the transition but I think it will work. My
neighbors are happy that Lightning will have a home since they said
they cannot take him inside. New slave is going to take Jake next
week when some work on his house is complete and then Lightning about
a week later after Jake has a chance to settle down.

Purrs to all since I am yet again behind and have missed much and
trying to catch up.

Cheryl

Old September 11th 03, 12:12 AM
Tanada

Cheryl wrote:

[...]

Purrs and re-homing thoughts for Jake and Lightning to have their
foreverhome together with this guy. He sounds like a winner.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old September 11th 03, 02:20 AM
Steve Touchstone

Glad that you've been able to find a home for the two

Purrs that all goes well with the relocation

Old September 11th 03, 02:37 AM
LOL

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
[...]

We are sending many, many purrs in hopes that these two deserving boys
have found their onetruehome.
------
Krista

P.S.: Jake LaMeowta? ROFL!!
Old September 11th 03, 04:12 AM
Christine Burel

Awww, Cheryl, many purrs for this heartwarming story to fulfill it's
promise.
love and purrs,
Christine

Old September 11th 03, 05:09 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Cheryl at wrote
on 9/10/03 5:33 PM:

[...]

Oh many purrs this works out!!!

Karen

Old September 11th 03, 11:41 AM
polonca12000

I love happy endings! Thanks.
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I took the advice of someone near and dear to us here and hung some
signs to try and find a home for one of the strays in my b/y that has
become very friendly and needy of a home (he has been trying to get in
mine). snip

RB purrs for friends' retriever Sherry Cat anecdotes 6 September 11th 03 11:06 PM
Purrs for Bootygirl Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 21 September 7th 03 08:51 AM
Plumbing purrs, please? LOL Cat anecdotes 11 August 31st 03 10:14 PM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM