Pickles and Koala

Old December 14th 14, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Pickles and Koala

I've wondered about how they feel about each other. Sometimes I get the
impression that Koala just likes to pester Pickles, and she just puts up
with him. However, this evening, Pickles was lying on my bed, and I
spoke to her. I was doing something nearby, and Koala came in and
jumped up. I figured he wanted to make sure she didn't get too much
attention. He walked over to her and started rubbing his face against
hers. Then he laid down right next to her. She immediately began
washing his face. Hurray!

Joy
Old December 14th 14, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Joy" wrote in message
I've wondered about how they feel about each other. Sometimes I get the
impression that Koala just likes to pester Pickles, and she just puts up
with him. However, this evening, Pickles was lying on my bed, and I
spoke to her. I was doing something nearby, and Koala came in and jumped
up. I figured he wanted to make sure she didn't get too much attention.
He walked over to her and started rubbing his face against hers. Then he
laid down right next to her. She immediately began washing his face.
Hurray!

Joy

Oh Happiness!
I am sooo glad for you, really!
I tried to introduce a kitten into our household about three years ago.
Pit2nya would have none of it. There were growls and hisspits constantly.
That little 2 month-old went Halloween-cat at first meeting, as both
growled at each other. All of this after safe rooming kitten for a couple
of weeks, while Pit2nya pounced and attacked the tentative
foot-under-the-door that kitten offered.

It. did. NOT. get. better.

We re-homed the kitten, and after a few days, Pit3nya calmed down, and
started eating again.

I guess she'll be an olny cat. Once in a while when I hear of a kitten
needing a home, I just sigh.

You can now understand why I am soo happy that they are getting along so
well.

Sylvia

Old December 14th 14, 07:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 12/13/2014 10:49 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

It's generous of you to be so happy when you had such a bad experience.
I'm sorry Pit2nya was so opposed to having a kitten around.

Yes, I'm thrilled to death. I look back at the days when Pickles
wouldn't go into Koala's room and he wouldn't come out of it, and
realize we've come a looong way in less than five months. I checked,
and on Christmas Day it will be five months exactly since I brought him
home.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old December 15th 14, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 12/14/2014 11:00 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Joy wrote:
I've wondered about how they feel about each other. Sometimes I get the
impression that Koala just likes to pester Pickles, and she just puts up
with him. However, this evening, Pickles was lying on my bed, and I
spoke to her. I was doing something nearby, and Koala came in and
jumped up. I figured he wanted to make sure she didn't get too much
attention. He walked over to her and started rubbing his face against
hers. Then he laid down right next to her. She immediately began
washing his face. Hurray!

Joy

They really do sound fond of each other, it's so lovely.

Judith

Yes it is lovely.

Koala made more progress today. I had a young friend over for the day.
Usually when people come over, he makes himself scarce. However, when
she comes, she's the only one here. On past visits he's come to where
she could see him, and even laid down in the hallway in full sight.
Today he actually came into the living room where we were. He did this
several times, a couple of times lying down in the room, and once or
twice walking to within two or three feet of her. He may yet become a
social cat.

Joy

Old December 18th 14, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
I've wondered about how they feel about each other. Sometimes I get the
impression that Koala just likes to pester Pickles, and she just puts up
with him. However, this evening, Pickles was lying on my bed, and I spoke
to her. I was doing something nearby, and Koala came in and jumped up. I
figured he wanted to make sure she didn't get too much attention. He
walked over to her and started rubbing his face against hers. Then he
laid down right next to her. She immediately began washing his face.
Hurray!

Joy

I'm so glad that it's worked out.
I'd like to have another cat but am too afraid to try it. Boyfie was great
with other cats in the garden when Kitty Farmcat was in charge but now she
is gone he is not. He is very up for a fight if he chances upon a cat that
even steps near his house, so I think getting another one would be a bad
idea. He doesn't want to share his house/garden/meowmie with anycat and he
is prepared to be violent about it. so I guess having another cat is a
no-no.

Koala update Joy Cat anecdotes 6 October 16th 14 11:17 PM
Koala update Joy Cat anecdotes 7 September 15th 14 12:42 AM
Koala update Joy Cat anecdotes 27 August 8th 14 12:32 AM
Koala Joy Cat anecdotes 21 July 29th 14 06:57 AM