Boyfie came in

Old December 30th 14, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Boyfie came in

On 12/30/2014 10:02 AM, alien from planet x wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 19:34:50 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"alien from planet x" wrote in message

Christina wrote:
at 3 pm with a small dead piece of bramble attached to the fur on

his back, which might have been because there are lot of brambles
in the big gardens here and he probably pushes through them.
However when I petted him, he had mud on his head and neck which
suggests he's been fighting and was forced onto the ground and a
younger cat has rolled him over.
I wish he would just stop deciding "I see you, you badcat, in my

garden and I will fight you until you are dead" He's too old for
it now. He's 12.
Luckily he seems fine. He denied fighting: he claims he fell

over. Yeah, of course he did g

When my old buddy, Gato, was 16 years old, we went outside
one evening for a stroll. He was old, frail, and nearly blind.
He walked around sniffing plants, and surveying the land he
was born and raised on. There was a young male cat, by the
hedge, minding his own business, not wanting any trouble.
Gato went over and told the intruder, you need to leave, this
is my territory. The young cat seemed conflicted as to whether
he should leave or teach this old cat a lesson. He looked over
at me, I waved my arms in the air. The young cat turned and
ran away. Gato turned around and walked toward me with his
head and tail held high. I praised him for being such a good
cat, defending his territory against such a young intruder.

but you were there to send off the young intruder and Gato thought

he'd done it, which was great.
Once upon a time, Kitty Farmcat did all his fighting for him. but now

he has do it himself. He's just not that sort of cat that likes
fighting but if necessary he is up to it. I'd prefer it he wasn't.
Look, just let another cat cat pass through the garden, but he says
absolutely no way if he spots them, they have to be challenged.
"You're in my garden and if you don't go away instantly, we might
have to fight"
Normally they say yes, I am in your garden, it's yours and I will go

away now. If they don't, there will be a fight. The intruder
normally loses the fight as he very well knows he's out of order.

I'm not sure of the edicat (ha, I invented a new word) of how that
works, but it seems to be up to the personality of the cats involved.
Normally, because my yard is fenced in, no other cats go back there
except mine. But the fencing is mostly to keep my cats in, so other
cats rarely do end up inside. There is an opening when mine aren't
back there, so the strangers can get out, but sometimes I don't notice
that there is another cat back there when I let mine out and close the
opening.
Espy always knew immediately and took off after the stranger, and I
would sometimes use a big butterfly net to grab Espy and let the
stranger leave in peace. But since Espy died, my other cats are much
less interested in fighting. I just open the door and they come back
in until the other cat departs. They're all just so weird.

The cats I have now, invite other cats home for dinner.
(come on over we have plenty of food)

The one daddy cat is a regular visitor. He comes inside
and meows, if there isn't any food. (Feed me)
He's a good cat.

In the past we acquired three of our cats when one of our grown cats
brought a kitten in through the cat door and said, "Look, Mama! He
followed me home. Can I keep him?" We always checked around, but they
ended up being ours. One actually belonged to people across the street.
They had gone away for the four-day Thanksgiving weekend and left
their cats, including at least one kitten, outdoors with a bag of
kibble. It rained that weekend, and our cat brought the kitten in out
of the rain. When he was old enough to be fixed, I wrote a note to the
neighbors asking if it was okay for us to have it done. They thanked us
for taking care of "our kitten". For about a year we kept up the
pretense of joint ownership. They finally moved away, leaving the
kitten with us.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters