My nasty neighbours

Old December 9th 14, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default My nasty neighbours

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Those of the wall and drop kerb disagreements seem to have disappeared
over the last few days. There are always five cars there. Zilch. No
cars. I suspect they have gone to India for a while (I hope so) or maybe
their house has been repossessed (which would be even better) but I
don't think I'll be that lucky.

They are awful neighbours who tried to make me sign over a bit of land
to them with a contract they had written out. I said "I'll just slip
that one past my solicitor" ;-)

The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.
They are very unpopular though. always arguing and raising their
voices so the whole street can hear. I hope they are gone for ever.

I hope they're gone forever too, they really have been nasty.

If there are no cars there at all, that's a bit odd if they've gone away
for a while to india because where would they leave their cars if not at
home? Of course they may have sold them but that seems a bit drastic.

When the family who rented the house (in theory they rented but they
didn't pay the rent to top up what was paid by Benefits) did a moonlight
flit (just left under cover of darkness) I was suspicious straight away as
all the toiletries had gone from the bathroom window ledge. Have you
looked to see if there's a clue like that?

Whatever has happened purrs are being sent for them not to live there
anymore.

I hope so, but I think they'll be back :-(

Old December 9th 14, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.

Wow, I didn't realize housing was that expensive in the UK! I'm not sure
what the exchange rate is right now, but last I checked, one GB pound
would
get you one and one-half US dollars. So in US money, that house would
cost
about $465K. In urban areas, houses can cost that much or possibly a lot
more, depending on size, neighborhood and so on. But in most rural areas
in the US, I don't think it's that bad.

She's in one of the most upmarket regions of the UK. Probably every
house for miles has an Aga.

Not so.

Old December 10th 14, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 12/5/2014 5:28 PM, MaryL wrote:

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
The house cost 310,000 GBP to buy so I doubt they've abandoned it.
Wow, I didn't realize housing was that expensive in the UK! I'm not
sure
what the exchange rate is right now, but last I checked, one GB pound
would
get you one and one-half US dollars. So in US money, that house would
cost
about $465K. In urban areas, houses can cost that much or possibly a
lot
more, depending on size, neighborhood and so on. But in most rural
areas
in the US, I don't think it's that bad.

She's in one of the most upmarket regions of the UK. Probably every
house for miles has an Aga.

What's an Aga?

~~~~~~
I had never heard of an Aga, but this thread inspired me to google for
it. Here's a description, in case there are others on the group who are
not familiar with it:
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.4kPuIMGNyAY

MaryL

They're very costly (apparently). What it reminds me of is a more
modern version of the old American cast iron stove fueled by wood that
my great-aunt used (she was born in the late 1800's). Hers supplied
heat to the lower level of her house, too, and boiling water. She'd
cook on it, bake in it, get her hot water from it. Not saying an Aga is
like that these days, just saying that's what it sounds like.

Jill

~~~~~~~
Yes! The picture looks very much like the old iron stove my grandmother
had. It was fueled with wood, and I can remember her twisting some paper
to make "torch" to light the burners on top of the stove. My grandfather
always kept a box of kindling beside the stove so she could keep the oven
going.

YouTube has an old video where a young Martha Stewart demonstrates the
more modern version of Aga. She thought it is a wonderful appliance.

MaryL

It's considered *posh* to have an Aga. I don't have one. not because I'd
don't want one but they are very expensive to buy and install.

That's pretty much what we were saying. It's expensive. I don't have
"posh" appliances.

Jill

Old December 13th 14, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Dammit. They're back :-((

Damn and several other words I won't print here

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 13th 14, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message

Dammit. They're back :-((

Damn and several other words I won't print here

Lesley

I'd like to get along with them but when they chopped my tree down (on my
property) with a bird's nest in it and the babies died just short of
fledging, dead on my path I'm afraid that was the end of any idea we could
be friends (plus the wall and the drop kerb)
They are loathsome.

Old December 13th 14, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message

Dammit. They're back :-((

Damn and several other words I won't print here

Lesley

I'd like to get along with them but when they chopped my tree down (on my
property) with a bird's nest in it and the babies died just short of
fledging, dead on my path I'm afraid that was the end of any idea we could
be friends (plus the wall and the drop kerb)
They are loathsome.

I've had annoying neighbors before yes, it's no fun. Just do your best
to avoid and ignore them. We know you've had some very unfair issues
with them in the past. They seem to know how to push your buttons. Try
not to let them.

Jill ---fingers crossed
Old December 16th 14, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_17_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I'd like to get along with them but when they chopped my tree down (on
my property) with a bird's nest in it and the babies died just short
of fledging, dead on my path I'm afraid that was the end of any idea
we could be friends (plus the wall and the drop kerb)
They are loathsome.

damn christina tell me how tyou really feelG
Old December 20th 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"john sumner" wrote in message
. ..
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I'd like to get along with them but when they chopped my tree down (on
my property) with a bird's nest in it and the babies died just short
of fledging, dead on my path I'm afraid that was the end of any idea
we could be friends (plus the wall and the drop kerb)
They are loathsome.

damn christina tell me how tyou really feelG

I just did, but perhaps not quite enough.

Old December 20th 14, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_17_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in

damn christina tell me how tyou really feelG

I just did, but perhaps not quite enough.

ok a call to the police might be in order then