My only Christmas decoration so far (not OT)

Old December 13th 14, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default My only Christmas decoration so far (not OT)

I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year.
If you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably
rearrange the figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I
just love this. The creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines
came from a friend a few years earlier. They needed just the right
creche to display them in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old December 13th 14, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/13/2014 6:29 PM, Cheryl wrote:
I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year.
If you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably
rearrange the figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I
just love this. The creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines
came from a friend a few years earlier. They needed just the right
creche to display them in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

Very sweet!

My nod to decorating is this:

http://i61.tinypic.com/hun9ro.jpg

It's a bunch of fabric ornaments in a red glass bowl. Bowl courtesy of
birthday flowers from John last summer.

And I set up the small ceramic tree (my oldest brother made it for our
mom back in 1966) on the table by the front door:

http://i60.tinypic.com/110zwb6.jpg

Happy Holidays, everyone.

Jill
Old December 14th 14, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year. If
you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably rearrange
the figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I just love this.
The creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines came from a friend
a few years earlier. They needed just the right creche to display them
in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

--
Cheryl

So sweet! Even a little Drummer Kitten

Sylvia

Old December 14th 14, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Cheryl wrote:
I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year.
If you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably
rearrange the figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I
just love this. The creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines
came from a friend a few years earlier. They needed just the right
creche to display them in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

One of the souvenirs among my cat collection is a miniature
matchbox/music box with a manger scene featuring cats. (From Belgium,
IIRC.) You wind it up and it plays a Christmas carol, when opened.

Old December 15th 14, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year. If
you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably rearrange the
figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I just love this. The
creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines came from a friend a
few years earlier. They needed just the right creche to display them in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

--

Cheryl

Hmm. although I love cats, I am not in agreement with putting a kitten in
the manger that is so important to Christians at this time. sorry. Doesn't
matter to me much but my family would be horrified. Bad taste.

Old December 16th 14, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:41:43 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
web.com...
I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year. If
you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably rearrange the
figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I just love this. The
creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines came from a friend a
few years earlier. They needed just the right creche to display them in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

--

Cheryl

Hmm. although I love cats, I am not in agreement with putting a kitten in
the manger that is so important to Christians at this time. sorry. Doesn't
matter to me much but my family would be horrified. Bad taste.

I remember reading a Doonesbury cartoon where the role of baby Jesus
was played by a 40 watt light bulb. I think most folks would consider
kitten manger scenes well within the bounds of good taste. I
personally think that it's adorable.But kittens are designed to be
adorable so it's tough to think otherwise.
Old December 16th 14, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
I haven't set this up in a few years but I wanted to see it this year. If
you can't tell, in the manger is a kitten. I should probably rearrange the
figurines a little better so all can be seen better. I just love this. The
creche I ordered from eBay, handmade. The figurines came from a friend a
few years earlier. They needed just the right creche to display them in.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/292p3qx.jpg

Happy Holidays!

--

Cheryl

Hmm. although I love cats, I am not in agreement with putting a kitten in
the manger that is so important to Christians at this time. sorry. Doesn't
matter to me much but my family would be horrified. Bad taste.

I wasn't raised in a religious environment so kittens in a manger
doesn't bother me a bit.

Jill
Old December 16th 14, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

Hmm. although I love cats, I am not in agreement with putting a kitten in
the manger that is so important to Christians at this time. sorry. Doesn't
matter to me much but my family would be horrified. Bad taste.

My little music-box has the entire holy family as cats. I can't imagine
anyone objecting, but then I'm not all that ultra-religious. (I
certainly admire the Pope for telling that grieving little boy that he
would see his dog again in Heaven - that all God's creatures are welcome
there.)
Old December 16th 14, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 12/16/2014 6:34 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:41:43 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
[...]

I'd like to see a more or less conventional manger scene with a kitten
curled up next to the baby.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old December 16th 14, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/16/2014 6:05 PM, Joy wrote:
On 12/16/2014 6:34 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:41:43 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...
[...]

But wouldn't the cat suck the baby's breath?! j/k

Jill