Crackers.....

Old September 9th 03, 05:09 AM
Hopitus2

That is the funniest thing you have *ever* posted, Western Girl! Would it
make you feel better to know a dark secret from Hopitus? I tasted those
"Bacons" strips we used to buy for the RB Akita, who adored them........and
was not stricken with the urge to keep them all for myself! They did look
like bacon......but the smell of cat treats does not appeal to this hoomin.

"Sherry " wrote in message
: I went to my daughter's today. She answered the door, had just woke up,
and
: went straight back to the bedroom to get dressed. So I sat on the couch
and
: waited, and noticed a ziplock bag of snack crackers on the coffee table,
that
: looked like maybe a generic version of the "Goldfish" cheesy crackers. I
tried
: one. They were pretty tasty, and I especially liked the absence of
excessive
: salty taste that most crackers have. They were kind of like a hard
: parmeson-cheesy flat biscuit, shaped like a fish. So I was happily
munching a
: handful when she came back in. I said, "What are these called?"
: She said dryly, "Cat treats."
: Before I could have a chance to run and spit them out, she went on to say,
she
: bought the cutter-mold thingy at Petsmart, and it comes with recipes for
: homemade cat treats. So at least they were sanitary.
: Her cats love them. Has anybody else tried them?
:
:

Old September 9th 03, 05:30 AM
Marina

"Sherry " wrote
[...]

LOL, Sherry! My niece, now 14 yo, habitually snacks on the cats' kibble. I
couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw her do it. She says they're yummy,
and wants me to try them. No thanks!

--
Marina

Old September 9th 03, 05:37 AM
Angela Ryan

"Marina" wrote in message

"Sherry " wrote
[...]

I like some of the bits that come in parrot mix that the cockie eats.....cat
food....NO THANKS!! All of Gizmos food smells foul.... couldn't even think
of putting it near my mouth, even to taste!!!

Angela

Old September 9th 03, 05:45 AM
Lois Reay

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

That is so funny - my son RB used to feed his youger sister d*g biscuits
when they were small - the girl grew to be the tallest member of the family
and I am convinced it was her diet of d*g biscuits that bought that about!!
I have never been tempted to try the cat food even when it does look very
appealing1

Lois

Old September 9th 03, 06:09 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Oh dear, I need a new keyboard - oh, and a new seat, I just pee'd myself
laughing, so this one has to be thrown out ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 9th 03, 06:27 AM
JHBennett

And then there was a friend of mine who finished off a bag of *Jerky Treats*
with never a clue that I'd brought them for his dog. He was enjoying them
so much, I didn't have the heart to tell him. Sh*t happens ;-)))))))
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 9th 03, 10:43 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

One thing about cat food: WHY is it that the stuff that smells the
most horrible to the human is the most appealing to the cat?

Dunno 'bout that, both Waffles and I will fight over who gets the most tuna ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old September 10th 03, 12:02 AM
John F. Eldredge

--