[OT] Job and Home Purrs Needed (long)

Old September 21st 04, 07:07 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT] Job and Home Purrs Needed (long)

I've been unemployed since April (my job was outsourced to Manila). I
have no encouraging prospects. It's like I'm sending my resumes and
applications into a black hole, as I'm getting zero response.

This evening I got my lease renewal notice. It said my lease expires
on October 31. I have to give 60 days written notice if I'm not going
to renew or face all sorts of financial penalties.

Set aside for a moment that they gave me my renewal notice within
their stated 60 day window (October 31 is 40 days from now). When I
paid my rent last time I asked when my lease expired and they said
December 15. To be fair, October 31 is the official anniversary of
when I signed my first lease, but when I asked about that last month
the manager said they'd been slipping my renewal date back over time
because I'd always renewed early (they have an early renewal policy,
which leads to a reduced rent).

So tomorrow I have to have a chat with the manager to find out just
what's going on.

In the meantime, unless I find *something* in the next 2-3 weeks
(before the 60 day window begins, whenever that is), I'm going to have
to move. I can't afford to continue living here long-term after my
unemployment payments end (early November), and if I find something
after the 60 day notice window I'll have to move anyway because I
didn't renew my lease.

Unlike a lot of people in my situation I *do* have somewhere to go
worst case (I've been invited to move in with my parents), but as bad
as the job situation is in Chicago, it's worse in an economically
depressed small rural county in southern Indiana.

End of rant. I'm just so frustrated right now I almost can't stand it.

Anyway, if there are purrs to spare, I sure could use them to find a
job ASAP, PDQ, fast.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old September 21st 04, 07:14 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Oh Jeanne, this is awful.

Many purrs, good vibes that something comes up *fast*

*hugs* helen s

**$om $

Old September 21st 04, 07:19 AM
Yoj

Purrs are on their way! Wishing you good things.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old September 21st 04, 07:32 AM
Dan M

End of rant. I'm just so frustrated right now I almost can't stand it.

Anyway, if there are purrs to spare, I sure could use them to find a
job ASAP, PDQ, fast.

Jeanne, you've got all the purrs I can muster for you. I do understand
the feeling, having been in a situation close to that before, and being
unable to find reasonable employment myself.