[OT] Torchwood Season 3

Old July 9th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] Torchwood Season 3

The first two episodes of Season 3 have been shown here on Pay TV. I think
myself lucky to have Pay TV. Its an absolute ripper of a story, best so far,
plus with Ianto and Rhys getting more air time. But the killer scene, for me
at least, was the Quarry scene. Phwoar!. Those of you who are John Barrowman
fans and haven't seen it yet, don't miss out.

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old July 9th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Yowie" wrote in
:

The first two episodes of Season 3 have been shown here on Pay TV. I
think myself lucky to have Pay TV. Its an absolute ripper of a story,
best so far, plus with Ianto and Rhys getting more air time. But the
killer scene, for me at least, was the Quarry scene. Phwoar!. Those of
you who are John Barrowman fans and haven't seen it yet, don't miss
out.

I saw some previews for this on something I Tivo'd this week.Digging into
it, it looks like it will appear later this month, July 20, on BBC America.
(The anniversary of the first moon landing!)

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/262/index.jsp

In a few minutes I'm going to resume watching the pilot for Warehouse 13.
It's characterized as an X-Files, but then so was Fringe, and I've really
enjoyed that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fringe_%28TV_series%29

Old July 9th 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in
message .. .
"Yowie" wrote in
:

[...]

I'm so looking forward to Torchwood.

And Charlie and I both loved Fringe. Just couldn't watch X-Files.
Don't really know why.

He has a bit higher threshold for Sci-Fi than I do but couldn't do
X-Files.

Jo

Old July 9th 09, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
The first two episodes of Season 3 have been shown here on Pay TV. I
think myself lucky to have Pay TV. Its an absolute ripper of a story,
best so far, plus with Ianto and Rhys getting more air time. But the
killer scene, for me at least, was the Quarry scene. Phwoar!. Those
of you who are John Barrowman fans and haven't seen it yet, don't
miss out.
Yowie

Funny, I thought of you when I saw that scene. I've been recording the
series as it's only five episodes I can squeeze it onto one DVD, let me know
if you want a copy.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 9th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LadyJane

Default Torchwood Season 3

On Jul 8, 9:43*pm, ScratchMonkey
wrote:
"Yowie" wrote :

[...]

How did you like Warehouse 13? I've watched the first 20 minutes of
it, but I had to leave for work. So far I'm less than impressed, but
I love SciFi, so I'll keep watching.
Eureka is coming back tomorrow (yay!), and I loved Fringe. I never
saw X-Files until much later, via Netflix, and then I watched all 11
seasons one after another. Quite the sensory overload!

I have been desperately anticipating Torchwood for ages......It's on
my DVR settings, ready to grab it when it comes up! Meanwhile I'm
watching the dying dregs of Primeval. it's been cancelled. Once
again, a show I love has been cancelled. Figures. My father used to
always say that you can tell which shows will last and which ones will
go - if you love them, they'll go away.

Jane
Old July 9th 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Adrian" wrote in message

Yowie wrote:
The first two episodes of Season 3 have been shown here on Pay TV. I
think myself lucky to have Pay TV. Its an absolute ripper of a story,
best so far, plus with Ianto and Rhys getting more air time. But the
killer scene, for me at least, was the Quarry scene. Phwoar!. Those
of you who are John Barrowman fans and haven't seen it yet, don't
miss out.
Yowie

Funny, I thought of you when I saw that scene. I've been recording the
series as it's only five episodes I can squeeze it onto one DVD, let
me know if you want a copy.

I certainly won't say no! But this time I'm watching them only a few hours
after they go to air for the first time in the UK on our 'UKTV' channel.
Since it goes to air at 8:30pm here while the Yowlet is still in the process
of going to sleep, Joel misses the first half hour or so of the episode.
But, never fear, we also have UKTV+2 which is exactly the same as UKTV
except that its 2 hours behind. So he gets to watch it too, and I get to
enjoy it yet again.

It would be heretical of me to say that its *better* than Dr Who, but its
certainly not an inferior product like most spin-offs. Heck, I even enjoy
the Sarah Jane adventures when I can catch them.

Yup, I'm a Whovian :-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old July 9th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"LadyJane" wrote in message
On Jul 8, 9:43 pm, ScratchMonkey
wrote:
"Yowie" wrote
:

[...]

---------------------
Missed the first episode of Warehouse, but I think it runs again
tomorrow. I'm crazy about Eureka. I like the father/daughter
relationship as much as I do the SciFi aspect.
Torchwood is going to be a pain to TIVO. You can't set it to record
the series, since the whole name of each episode it in the title.
You have to set each episode separately.

Jo

Old July 9th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

LadyJane wrote in news:d73fa6e3-ef7b-40dc-86df-
:

How did you like Warehouse 13? I've watched the first 20 minutes of
it, but I had to leave for work. So far I'm less than impressed, but
I love SciFi, so I'll keep watching.

It wasn't stellar, but it's possible that's just the pilot, and the show
needs to find its legs. But I'm more a "hard" scifi guy, and not that
patient with fantasy elements unless there's some mitigating factor. With
X-Files, they tried to make each phenomenon believable, and in W13's pilot
there wasn't any attempt at that, so it looks like the show is going to
have to ride on its acting, directing, and writing. And that's not dialed
in yet.

Eureka is coming back tomorrow (yay!), and I loved Fringe. I never
saw X-Files until much later, via Netflix, and then I watched all 11
seasons one after another. Quite the sensory overload!

Fringe I loved from the first episode. It has the same feel as X-Files but
the characters and stories are quite unique. (I also liked the replacements
for Scully and Mulder in X-Files, and I was more interested in the story
and direction and the loss of the characters didn't cripple the series for
me.)

I have been desperately anticipating Torchwood for ages......It's on
my DVR settings, ready to grab it when it comes up! Meanwhile I'm
watching the dying dregs of Primeval. it's been cancelled. Once
again, a show I love has been cancelled. Figures. My father used to
always say that you can tell which shows will last and which ones will
go - if you love them, they'll go away.

I saw an online ad for Primeval and considered watching it, but if it's
canceled, I'm not going to invest in it.

I've been letting episodes of True Blood save up on my TiVo while I watch
other things, so I don't get bitten by cliffhangers. I watched a season of
24 (or was it Lost?) that way, watching half a show until a quiet spot,
going to bed, then watching the other half and half of the next. It was a
lot more enjoyable that way.

I watched all 3 Pirates of the Carribean movies in the last couple of
weeks, about 90 minutes at a sitting, and that was a lot of fun. I rarely
watch anything twice, yet I found the first two movies as fun on a second
view (I'd seen them last year).
Old July 9th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Jofirey" wrote in news:7bmnrkF22kssnU1
@mid.individual.net:

Torchwood is going to be a pain to TIVO. You can't set it to record
the series, since the whole name of each episode it in the title.
You have to set each episode separately.

Ouch. Good to know. I'll have to remember to set it up when it comes up.
Alas, my DirecTV TiVo only has a 2 week "horizon" so I can't set it up way
in advance as I can with my Series 2.
Old July 9th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Yowie" wrote in
:

Since it goes to air at 8:30pm here while the Yowlet is still
in the process of going to sleep, Joel misses the first half hour or
so of the episode.

I can't imagine watching TV without a PVR these days. Just too many
possible sources of interruption. Before PVRs, I taped everything and
watched it an hour later. I remember as a kid (60's and 70's) trying to
watch Zardoz on many occasions live on TV, but could never follow what it
was about as my mother is a chronic interrupt. (Still is!) As a teen, I
finally got a VCR of my own and taped it, and finally got to watch it end
to end and understand it.

It would be heretical of me to say that its *better* than Dr Who, but
its certainly not an inferior product like most spin-offs. Heck, I
even enjoy the Sarah Jane adventures when I can catch them.

Yup, I'm a Whovian :-)

I haven't seen the Sarah Jane ones, but agree that Torchwood stands up to
its parent well.

One year for his birthday I got my roommate (also my WoW GM) his own sonic
screwdriver and psychic paper:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8cff/

Doctor Who / torchwood fans: sad actors pet news Outsider Cat anecdotes 1 October 18th 07 12:17 AM
[OT] Torchwood Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 June 21st 07 11:39 AM
'Tis the Season [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 November 21st 05 03:13 PM
'Tis the Season Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 0 November 20th 05 02:06 PM
end of season Cwaazee Caatt Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 05:51 PM