Lump in tail

Old February 16th 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Clara Semps

Default Lump in tail - UPDATE

In article
,
LauraM wrote:

On Feb 15, 11:04*am, Clara Semps wrote:
In article , Clara Semps

wrote:
I called the shelters and they had nothing to offer other than to call
the local vets. So I started calling local vets to see their prices for
a biopsy and if they had any sliding scale available for us out of work
multitudes. I finally found one vet who offered a 10% discount for the
office visit and who's biopsy charge was less than anyone else. They
also said they'll work with me on figuring out what's wrong and how to
treat it without costing me a fortune.

So, we go to the vet tomorrow and I hope for good news.

--

Well, I took Chaplin to the vet. The bad news is it is a tumor and most
likely malignant. The needle biopsy showed bad cells. The good news is

I'm sorry to hear Chaplin has a tumor. The good news is that your
kitty can probably live a long, happy life without his tale. Just
look at the Manx! I hope there's a way to find someone who will let
you make payments. I feel for your predicament. These days the
economy is horrible and we all have to tighten our belts.

Indeed. I don't know what's going to happen if I can't get the money
for the operation. As it is, because he's 12, the operation is a risk
in itself. He also has a growth in his right ear which the doctor just
thinks is an irritation from allergies. That's why the operation will
cost more because he plans on removing both the tumor and the growth in
his ear. I asked about payment plans but they don't have any. I need to
really think about whether or not I can afford to take the money out of
my IRA. It's what I'm living off of and I've been out of work for 10
months now. Who knows when I'll find a job. sigh Or if my jewelry
line will ever take off. I just know that I want Chaplin to stay well.
He's a great, funny, loving cat.
Old February 16th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"Clara Semps" wrote in message
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

talk to another vet service see who has payment plans and find one that
you like and can deal with

I love my vet to death but if he was not willing to work with me out the
door he would go no matter how much I trust him

Good luck