Do Cats Pretend They Are People?

Old November 29th 08, 03:44 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Do Cats Pretend They Are People?

On Nov 28, 6:14*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
D) *A propos the subject of feline intelligence, you prove my point that
the intellect of the average cat exceeds that of some humans.

Yes, he'll do that.

I know cats don't "think they're human", but I do wonder what cats
(and dogs) think their relationship really is. with us. Though cats
(according to George Carlin) pretty much say "f**k you I'm a cat",
they do know and acknowledge that they need us by begging if they're
hungry, and meowing for various things here and there. When my
littlest cat Aster sits on me and purrs, and rubs against me, she
seems to regard me like a father, I feel. When the middle cat,
Ezmerelda, does that with my wife, it still feels like the cat thinks
she's the boss. If you have cats maybe you know what I mean.

Once the little cat meows (or does the "Figure 8's") for food and gets
it she will continue to do Figure 8's and meow like she's saying
thanks. She pretty much regards me as the master. But Ezzie once she
gets fed gives me a look like "yeah you BETTER feed me, bi**h" or
"It's about time". She turns on me, LOL. I haven't done anything to
TRY to make the cats view me different, they just have VASTLY
different personalities. Once I saw that Aster clung to me, then I
decided to run with it of course!! Again, if you have cats I think
you get it.

Old December 10th 08, 07:02 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cwcatartist

Do cats pretend they are people?

Yes, mine is determined to learn to talk -- and works at it whenever
she wants something. I believe evolution will bring about speech for
cats.

Carol Wilson, Cat Artist
http://www.cafepress.com/carolwilsoncats
http://CarolWilsonCatArt.imagekind.com
Old December 11th 08, 02:27 AM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Did y'all know you are responding to a troll?

When crap like this comes up, just check the profile.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Old December 22nd 08, 02:00 AM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" evgmsop earthlink.net wrote:
John Doe wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" evgmsop earthlink.net wrote:
aineecumi gmail.com wrote:

human have a brain with mind but cat do have brain but don't
have mind..

Clearly you've never lived closely with a cat! (A cat's
reasoning powers often appear to exceed those of some people -
including yours, evidently.)

Hopefully you don't use the illusion that cats are as smart or
smarter than humans to justify losing your temper and beating
your cat when it does something wrong, because "it knew better".

A) I don't ever "lose my temper " with my cats!

Could be, but I wouldn't expect you to admit it if you regularly do.

C) Why would I "beat" a cat, in any case? (Or a child, for that
matter?)

Your problem is not uncommon, treating a cat like a child, leading
to a seriously warped relationship. A child constantly develops and
grows into adult human beings, a cat is a mentally and physically
mature animal.

D) A propos the subject of feline intelligence, you prove my
point that the intellect of the average cat exceeds that of some
humans.

Whatever you say, troll.

--
Land Skis (rough terrain skates). The first rollerblades with a big
front wheel and small trailing wheels, to help roll over obstacles

Old December 22nd 08, 02:02 AM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"cybercat" wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

D) A propos the subject of feline intelligence, you prove my
point that the intellect of the average cat exceeds that of some
humans.

Yes, he'll do that.

Time to go see how the not quite grown up troll is doing in her new
trolling grounds (the cooking group, unless she's moved on from
there).

Old December 22nd 08, 02:10 AM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"John Doe" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

D) A propos the subject of feline intelligence, you prove my
point that the intellect of the average cat exceeds that of some
humans.

Yes, he'll do that.

Time to go see how the not quite grown up troll is doing in her new
trolling grounds (the cooking group, unless she's moved on from
there).

Mark, you're a bit late with this.

Old December 22nd 08, 09:01 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

John Doe wrote:

Whatever you say, troll.

Speaking of pots and kettles! Only a really idiot would try to revive a
dispute a month after the last previous post! (P-L-O-N-K!)
Old February 10th 09, 06:08 PM posted to alt.animals.felines,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Okikuro

In article ,
John Doe wrote:

Land Skis (rough terrain skates). The first rollerblades with a big
front wheel and small trailing wheels, to help roll over obstacles
while maintaining a low stance.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/3056505603

and O.T.

I hope everyone has tried a "Trikke". a 3 wheel scooter powered by
Gravity. I have an 8" wheeled one. they make a 12 incher. Fun!
Google; Trikke
--
It's amazing what you can do. If...
you put your mind to it.