moderated health and behavior newsgroup

Old June 27th 05, 05:46 PM
-L.

Default moderated health and behavior newsgroup

We are thinking of setting one up since this group has become such a
wasteland. It would be through an easily-accessible venue such as
Yahoo, etc. Would anyone here be interested in participating? If so,
please send me an email - address in header is valid.

Thanks!

-L.

Old June 27th 05, 05:57 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
We are thinking of setting one up since this group has become such a
wasteland. It would be through an easily-accessible venue such as
Yahoo, etc. Would anyone here be interested in participating? If so,
please send me an email - address in header is valid.

Thanks!

-L.

lol!

I think this is a great idea.

Old June 27th 05, 07:26 PM
Philip

-L. wrote:
We are thinking of setting one up since this group has become such a
wasteland. It would be through an easily-accessible venue such as
Yahoo, etc. Would anyone here be interested in participating? If so,
please send me an email - address in header is valid.

Thanks!

-L.

Your effort will die like this one is dying. Why? Because this topic
attracts those who are infatuated with cats as surrogate partners and/or
children. That these people are mostly women speaks to why this kind of a
forum cannot survive unmoderated.

Old June 27th 05, 07:39 PM
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
We are thinking of setting one up since this group has become such a
wasteland. It would be through an easily-accessible venue such as
Yahoo, etc. Would anyone here be interested in participating? If so,
please send me an email - address in header is valid.

Thanks!

-L.

Good idea! I think you'll enjoy being a moderator!

Old June 27th 05, 07:44 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
We are thinking of setting one up since this group has become such a
wasteland. It would be through an easily-accessible venue such as
Yahoo, etc. Would anyone here be interested in participating? If so,
please send me an email - address in header is valid.

Thanks!

-L.

Good idea! I think you'll enjoy being a moderator!

WAHHHHHH

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Old June 27th 05, 09:11 PM
-L.

Philip wrote:

Your effort will die like this one is dying. Why? Because this topic
attracts those who are infatuated with cats as surrogate partners and/or
children. That these people are mostly women speaks to why this kind of a
forum cannot survive unmoderated.

It will be a *moderated* group, Phillip. Read the header. You (and
anyone) are welcome to join us for real cat h+b discussion, if you'd
like.

-L.

Old June 27th 05, 09:38 PM
Philip

-L. wrote:
Philip wrote:

Your effort will die like this one is dying. Why? Because this topic
attracts those who are infatuated with cats as surrogate partners
and/or children. That these people are mostly women speaks to why
this kind of a forum cannot survive unmoderated.

It will be a *moderated* group, Phillip. Read the header. You (and
anyone) are welcome to join us for real cat h+b discussion, if you'd
like.

-L.

I read the header but it needed to be fleshed out. ;^)

Thank you for the invite. Hopefully there will be yourself and a
counterbalancing male moderator only. ;^) That this forum turned into a
womans club is a large part of it's downfall.

Old June 27th 05, 10:01 PM
-L.

Philip wrote:

I read the header but it needed to be fleshed out. ;^)

Thank you for the invite. Hopefully there will be yourself and a
counterbalancing male moderator only. ;^) That this forum turned into a
womans club is a large part of it's downfall.

I don't know who will moderate, yet. We haven't discussed it. I will
try my best to be gender-neutral for you.

-L.

Old June 27th 05, 10:07 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Philip wrote:

I read the header but it needed to be fleshed out. ;^)

Thank you for the invite. Hopefully there will be yourself and a
counterbalancing male moderator only. ;^) That this forum turned into

womans club is a large part of it's downfall.

I don't know who will moderate, yet. We haven't discussed it. I will
try my best to be gender-neutral for you.

-L.

Oh, yeah, Lynnie. Go to your new group and PLEASE take
Philip with you!

Old June 28th 05, 02:04 AM
Steve G

-L. wrote:
We are thinking of setting one up since this group has become such a
wasteland. It would be through an easily-accessible venue such as
Yahoo, etc. Would anyone here be interested in participating?

Conceivably, though in reality probably not. (How's that for clear? I
wouldn't be an early adopter [heh] anyway).

From my experience with moderated groups, the actual quality of

moderation is very important - and it's all too easy for this not to
obtain. It's a bit like that old saw that people who want power should
explicitly not have it. Plus, it's often the case that any insults and
such just become more underhand and designed to slip under the
moderator's radar; they don't really disappear.

YMMV.

Steve.