OT Apartment Problems

Old June 22nd 05, 03:01 PM
Mischief

Default OT Apartment Problems

Shoot, something's wrong with the bathroom sink

I was brushing my teeth when water started flowing UP through the
drain. It filled the sink and then stopped. It seemed to be happening
as I heard water being turned on in the apartment upstairs.

I just called the landlord, but I have a scary thought

Hopefully she will just have to go upstairs but what if she has to come
into my apartment. I currently have three cats and I'm only supposed
to have one!!! oh dear....

purrs that I figure something out....

Kristi

Old June 22nd 05, 03:13 PM
CK

Mischief wrote:
Shoot, something's wrong with the bathroom sink

I was brushing my teeth when water started flowing UP through the
drain. It filled the sink and then stopped. It seemed to be happening
as I heard water being turned on in the apartment upstairs.

I just called the landlord, but I have a scary thought

Hopefully she will just have to go upstairs but what if she has to come
into my apartment. I currently have three cats and I'm only supposed
to have one!!! oh dear....

purrs that I figure something out....

Kristi

Well, you are catsitting two cats for a friend of yours for a few hours,
just a temporary arrangement. And remember to make direct eye contact
when saying this to give it a more honest feel, than if you're shifting
your gaze all over the place.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old June 22nd 05, 04:01 PM
Karen

Request they let you know when they are coming (legal right). Take two to
your vet for that day.

oups.com...

Old June 22nd 05, 04:07 PM
W. Leong

Or hide the cats in your bedrooms when you know they are coming.
They don't need to go into your bedroom to fix the sink unless it
is in an ensuite bathroom. Of course if the cats start meowing you may
have a problem.

Winnie

"Karen" wrote in message
Request they let you know when they are coming (legal right). Take two to
your vet for that day.

oups.com...

Old June 22nd 05, 06:04 PM
Hopitus

We've lived through this successfully! Yes, landlord or rep thereof
(plumber, maybe, of varying skill) WILL come in to investigate sink, both in
your and apt. above.
Put cats (all) in bedroom...turn on loud music in living room or kitchen to
drown out possible skirmish or meowing. If anyone tries to enter bedroom,
act flushed and say something about a "friend" sleeping there (last resort).
Exact same here except kitchen plumbing here leaking water on ceiling of
apt. below (we're in penthouse; no one above). Good luck from Bast.

.. .

"Karen" wrote in message
Request they let you know when they are coming (legal right). Take two to
your vet for that day.

oups.com...

Old June 22nd 05, 06:46 PM
Kreisleriana

On 22 Jun 2005 07:01:48 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

Shoot, something's wrong with the bathroom sink

I was brushing my teeth when water started flowing UP through the
drain. It filled the sink and then stopped. It seemed to be happening
as I heard water being turned on in the apartment upstairs.

I just called the landlord, but I have a scary thought

Hopefully she will just have to go upstairs but what if she has to come
into my apartment. I currently have three cats and I'm only supposed
to have one!!! oh dear....

purrs that I figure something out....

Kristi

Purrs you find a solution. Try some drain cleaner, but keep the
kitties out of the bathroom for awhile.

Theresa
Old June 22nd 05, 07:13 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:
On 22 Jun 2005 07:01:48 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

Shoot, something's wrong with the bathroom sink

I was brushing my teeth when water started flowing UP through the
drain. It filled the sink and then stopped. It seemed to be happening
as I heard water being turned on in the apartment upstairs.

I just called the landlord, but I have a scary thought

Hopefully she will just have to go upstairs but what if she has to come
into my apartment. I currently have three cats and I'm only supposed
to have one!!! oh dear....

purrs that I figure something out....

Kristi

Kristi, you might can fix it without calling a plumber. Ours does that
a lot. There's probably a lot of gunk and hair down in the gooseneck
thingy. Try getting your dh to take it off and clean it out. Then use
some Drain-O or something. It always fixes ours.
DH says it's because I am always cutting on my hair in front of the
mirror and a lot of hair goes down the sink.

Sherry

Old June 22nd 05, 07:48 PM
Mischief

Unfortunately I haven been having problems with this drain, and have
tried Drain-O before. I don't have a DH, so I told the landlord and I
just spoke to the owner who does the maintenance and he's going to fix
it tonight.

Since I didn't know when he was going to fix it, I managed to corral
all three cats into my roommate's bedroom, put in food, water and
catbox and shut the door.

I just came back from class and spoke with the owner and he said he
would come in tonight to fix it and not to worry about the cat.

So that means, when I leave for work I can let Mischief out, because
she's the cat he knows about. The other two will be in My roommate's
room. All I can do then is pray that Mayhem won't start meowing while
he's here.

so I'm going to call my roommate and tell her if she gets home before I
do to turn on her CD player really loud.

*sigh*

BTW, i checked on the cats and so far they haven't killed each other
yet. Mischief did however left a gift of kitty food vomited on the
floor. Well, I can't say I blame her.

This should be able to be taken care of without a hitch and without the
owner finding out I have three cats.

wish me luck

Kristi

Old June 22nd 05, 10:57 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for everything to turn out well,
--
Polonca & Soncek

oups.com...

Old June 23rd 05, 02:24 AM
Takayuki

"Mischief" wrote:

Shoot, something's wrong with the bathroom sink

I was brushing my teeth when water started flowing UP through the
drain. It filled the sink and then stopped. It seemed to be happening
as I heard water being turned on in the apartment upstairs.

I just called the landlord, but I have a scary thought

I thought the scary thought would be, what happens then the upstairs
tenants flush the toilet?

It doesn't sound as though it's as much a problem with your sink as it
is the main pipe that the two apartments have in common. The clog
would be below your level, so it would make more sense for them to do
the unclogging from your apartment than the one above.