Feeling Good...

Old June 29th 03, 09:17 PM
Dee

Default Feeling Good...

All in all, things are going pretty well around here! I'm working on my
donations pick-ups for alley cat rescue at work, have managed to work in a
little raw chicken liver into all the cat's (well...maybe not Misty's!)
canned foods, and, amagingly enough, h0p is doing much better!

I thought I saw some improvement in h0p last Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
but realized that I might just be seeing what I wanted to see. Thursday
when I got home from work, I opened the front door, out came his little
head (I thought it was Misty he looks so much better!) and up the stairs
we went! I settled down at about 9:00 with my chicken sandwich dinner,
and say a gray missle come flying towards the arm of the couch. Agai, I
thought it was Misty, but sure enough , there was h0p with a big ole "MROW
gimme a piece of that chicken!" Same thing last night! He's stopped
hiding in small, dark spaces, and has taken to either laying in his old
bed in the sun by the window, or a soft rug lined basked by the front
door. We've been going on little outdoors outings, and he's still getting
lots of the holistic carrot juice cocktail!

I'm not deluding myself into thinking he's cured of anything, but I'm
pretty pleased.

Anyone have any advice on support for the liver other than denosyl?
Thanks

Dee

Old June 29th 03, 11:27 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Dee at
wrote on 6/29/03 3:17 PM:

[...]

You take what you can get. That's great that he is in a good period!
Karen

Old June 30th 03, 12:40 AM
Cheryl

Dee wrote:

I thought I saw some improvement in h0p last Tuesday and Wednesday
nights. but realized that I might just be seeing what I wanted to
see. Thursday when I got home from work, I opened the front door,

out
came his little head (I thought it was Misty he looks so much

Great Dee! This is exactly what I was talking about with my Shadow.
He has bad days and he has really great days and days in between.
With a debilitating disease you adjust for the bad and the good days
and you keep mental notes in your head and you learn when it is too
much for him or when he is ready to go. Sounds like he isn't!

--
Cheryl

Old June 30th 03, 01:21 AM
Dee

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Karen Chuplis wrote:

Anyone have any advice on support for the liver other than denosyl?
Thanks
Dee

You take what you can get. That's great that he is in a good period!
Karen

Thanks Karen! I swear it's the carrot juice cocktail!!

Dee

Old June 30th 03, 01:26 AM
Dee

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Cheryl wrote:

Great Dee! This is exactly what I was talking about with my Shadow.
He has bad days and he has really great days and days in between.
With a debilitating disease you adjust for the bad and the good days
and you keep mental notes in your head and you learn when it is too
much for him or when he is ready to go. Sounds like he isn't!

Thanks thanks Cheryl! I just got Cat Fancy, and there's an article
about liver disease talking about how other diseases might cause liver
problems too IBD was one of the illnesses mentioned, but they didn't go
into any specifics. I'm going to have to look into this a bit, maybe
contact the author. All the best to you, Shadow, Shamrock, & Bonnie!

Dee

p.s. Thanking God that I didn't listen to those gentle suggestions that
"Maybe it would be best if you..."

Old June 30th 03, 01:31 AM
Dee

Is anyone here familiar with what way in which inflammatory bowel disease
might affect the liver? Any suggestions for liver support? Thanks.

Dee