Graphic SPCA ads

Old December 21st 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

Default Graphic SPCA ads

In a bout of insomnia, I got up last night and turned VH1-Classic Music and
the SPCA showed a vivid ad about what is done to animals for meat, kitten
and puppy mills etc, and me, being so totally sensitive, I had nightmares
all night.
Do they really think graphic ads like that will help their cause?
Maybe it's just me.
Kyla
who cares too much?

Old December 21st 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_4_]

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message
In a bout of insomnia, I got up last night and turned VH1-Classic Music
and the SPCA showed a vivid ad about what is done to animals for meat,
kitten and puppy mills etc, and me, being so totally sensitive, I had
nightmares all night.
Do they really think graphic ads like that will help their cause?
Maybe it's just me.
Kyla
who cares too much?

It's called the shocking reality of puppy mills. I helped with (the
shutting down of) a local one, and it was nowhere near as bad as some of the
ones the HSUS & ASPCA show on their web sites, but it was bad.

Old December 21st 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 21, 11:41*am, "Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote:
In a bout of insomnia, I got up last night and turned VH1-Classic Music and
the SPCA showed a vivid ad about what is done to animals for meat, kitten
and puppy mills etc, and me, being so totally *sensitive, I had nightmares
all night.
Do they really think graphic ads like that will help their cause?
Maybe it's just me.
Kyla
who cares too much?

Yes. The graphic ads do help. I am glad they make you cry. I hope they
make
everybody in America cry. Screw their damned delicate sensibilities
and get
their heads out of the sand and take a look at what goes on in this
country.
I wish they'd show the piles of dead cats in every animal control
facility at the
end of every Friday. Friday is kill-day. So they don't have to feed
them over the
weekend.
I have photos of a puppy mill I helped bring down in 2001. Yorkies
whose eyeballs
were rotted from the ammonia fumes of living their entire lives in
cages soaked
in their own urine and feces.
For Gods' sake. I can't believe you SUGGESTED that the ads are too
"graphic."
I guess they could show only the healthy little dogs and cats who will
soon be
adopted to a wonderful home. In LaLa Land.
It's not just for the revenue generated by the ads. It's educating
people like you. Just
maybe, somebody will think twice about WHERE the puppy/kitten they're
buying
is coming from. Get people to adopt from shelters. Get people to spay,
and encourage
their friends to spay.
Puppy mills are here to stay, until there is no more demand for their
"product". The only
way to bring them down is to get peopple to stop buying from them. The
only way
people are going to stop buying from them, is "graphic ads", so
*everyone* understands
the situation.
Sorry for the rant, everyone else.
Sherry
Old December 21st 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_4_]

No need to apologize.

Old December 21st 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message
In a bout of insomnia, I got up last night and turned VH1-Classic
Music and the SPCA showed a vivid ad about what is done to animals
for meat, kitten and puppy mills etc, and me, being so totally
sensitive, I had nightmares all night.
Do they really think graphic ads like that will help their cause?
Maybe it's just me.
Kyla
who cares too much?

I'm with you. When a ad is so graphic it triggers your gag reflex, I
think it turns most people off.

Jo

Old December 21st 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kyla `=^..^=` wrote:
In a bout of insomnia, I got up last night and turned VH1-Classic Music and
the SPCA showed a vivid ad about what is done to animals for meat, kitten
and puppy mills etc, and me, being so totally sensitive, I had nightmares
all night.
Do they really think graphic ads like that will help their cause?
Maybe it's just me.
Kyla
who cares too much?

OF COURSE it helps their cause! How else would you suggest the general
public be informed of the problem? Ignorance may be bliss, but it
doesn't accomplish anything in terms of change for the better. Sorry
for your nightmares (because I know you are not one of the uncaring) but
maybe inspiring a few nightmares may get a few more puppy and kitten
mills shut down.

Old December 21st 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sherry wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:41 am, "Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote:
[...]

way to bring them down is to get people to stop buying from them. The
only way
people are going to stop buying from them, is "graphic ads", so
*everyone* understands
the situation.
Sorry for the rant, everyone else.
Sherry

Bravo, Sherry! Sometimes our Nightly News broadcasts may carry a tale
of exceptional animal cruelty, but the ongoing blight of puppy mills
usually falls beneath their radar. The excellent coverage of various
municipal "Animal Cops" divisions provided on Animal Planet is another
vivid eye-opener, sometimes. These things happen, and we as animal
lovers should be aware of them.
Old December 21st 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

Default I'm Sorry Graphic SPCA ads

"Sherry"
On Dec 21, 11:41 am, "Kyla `=^..^=`"
[...]

You're right, Sherry and everyone else...that ad just made me so sick to my
stomach at the thought of those poor animals suffering at the hand of so
many so called humans, and I just recoilled in horror from it. It showed
horses that were being slaughtered for meat, and a cow that didn't get put
down properly, etc. It just made me so sick, I can hardly function today
and I'm still trying to recover from the seizure I had last month. I know
that's no excuse, but that damn thing made me more aware of the horrors
going on in this blasted world. So many inhumans are killing helpless
animals, and even the harp seal hunting is sick and wrong IMO. I am so glad
the puppy mills got shut down, but I guess I am just too sensitinve. I
just want to kill these so cal 'people' for inflicting these horrors on
helpless animal.
I have to go throw up again...sorry Then, I am going to go hug my
kitties.
Bye
Kyla
so sad about the world horrors.

Old December 21st 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sherry wrote:

Do they really think graphic ads like that will help their cause?

Yes. The graphic ads do help. I am glad they make you cry. I hope they
make everybody in America cry. Screw their damned delicate sensibilities
and get their heads out of the sand and take a look at what goes on in
this country.

Agreed, absolutely! I don't watch them, because I wouldn't buy from a
puppy mill or from a breeder - not even a responsible one, because I'd
rather adopt from a shelter. I always spay or neuter my pets. So I don't
consider myself to be the target audience of those ads. But yeah, I do
think they need to be out there, and that graphic.

But Kyla, if you're not part of the target audience for these ads, then
you don't have to watch them, either.

Joyce

--
audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.
Old December 21st 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`[_2_]

Sherry wrote:

[...]

You're right Joyce, I agree, I'm not part of the target audience, I just
hate to see cruelty to animals. I would love to hurt people who kill Harp
Seals as well.
Yes, I got sick to my stomach at the site of the horses, cows, being
inhumanely slaughtered for food.
and cat and puppy mills. Sick....
I have, in the past, donated some money to shelters, and I have always
(except once) had my kitties neutered.
Sqweex ended up having 3 bitties about 5 years ago, and only one survived,
and she, her daughter Pipps, and the 'dad' Pookie, are living with
us and have been properly neutered.
We thought Pookie (a black and white Tux) was a female because his little
balls weren't showing until it was too late and Sqweex got pregnant.
Live and learn, I guess.
Thank you
Love
Kyla