General information

Old December 23rd 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.pets.cats
David Stevenson

Default General information

General information
===================

The following articles of general interest are available by sending an
email to David Stevenson . Please indicate which ones
you want by number and name [eg #3, Catcodes].

NEWSGROUPS: CATS AND PEOPLE

1. Cat Newsgroups.
Full details of all the Newsgroups.

2. Who subscribes to my newsgroups for cat lovers, including pets?
A list of people and where they live: do you want copies?
Four articles: people A-G, H-K, L-P and Q-Z: I send all four.

3. Learn all about Catcodes, by Eric Williams, Richmond, California.
How to tell people all about your cats.

4. Learn how cats post to the Internet! by several cats and a hoomin!
Did you know that cats post? This tells you about it.

NEWSGROUPS: NETIQUETTE

5. FAQ for Newbies to Usenet by Dani K and David Stevenson.
This answers several questions that newbies to usenet might ask.

6. Using Outlook Express to post by Sid Ismail, South Africa.
Solves some problems of posting to Newsgroups.

7. Multiposting vs Crossposting by David Stevenson.
Two ways to post to more than one newsgroup: why is one better?

8. Top Posting by David Stevenson.
Where should you add your replies to articles?

9. Upsidedown Posting by Richard Christopher, Dorking, Surrey, UK.
A plea on behalf of blind readers of newsgroups.

10. FAQ for Newbies to Usenet about Flaming by Dani K and Susan Edkins.
This answers question that newbies to usenet might ask about flaming.

11. The Twelve Commandments of Flaming on Usenet by Dani K.
Learn about the unfriendly way to post to the Internet.

IF YOUR CAT GOES MISSING

12. Finding your Lost Cat by Sharon Talbert, Seattle, WA, USA.
Read this if your cat has gone missing.

13. Lost Cat Behaviour by Kat Albrecht, Santa Cruz, CA, USA.
Read this if your cat has gone missing.

14. Lost Cat - UK advice by 'Five Cats', Yorkshire, England UK.
Read this if your cat has gone missing.

IF YOUR CAT PASSES ON

15. If you have lost a pet you will find him or her at Rainbow Bridge.
The story of Rainbow Bridge provides solace.

16. Four Feet in Heaven, by Alice E. Chase.
A poem concerned with the loss of a beloved cat.

QUARANTINE IN THE UK

17. Bringing pets to the UK? Check the quarantine period now!
Information in three articles.

18. Bringing pets to the UK? Learn about quarantine now!
Experiences of two people.

19. Sweeping Changes to Quarantine Law.
Proposals by Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.

20. The Way Forward.
Nick Brown unlocks new Quarantine rules.

21. Pets Travel Scheme [PETS].
How cats are now allowed into the UK without quarantine.

22. "Open Dore" by Robert Dore, Bristol, UK.
This is a Potted History of UK Quarantine.

IF YOUR CAT GETS STUCK IN A TREE

23. Cats in Trees by David Stevenson, Odette Brown, Paul F. Hoff
& Nicola Kingston.
What to do if your Cat is stuck up a tree.

24. Help: Cat in Tree by Kathy Devine, Queens, New York
Helpful stories of cats stuck in trees.

MISCELLANEOUS

25. Cat Years.
How to convert Cat Years into Human Years.

26. A story by Quango RB.
My cat decides to be an author.

27. Ascii Cats.
Designs of cats using ascii characters.

WELCOME MESSAGES

28. Welcome to the cat newsgroups.
Details of the groups and various other items.

The first twenty-five above may also be seen
on David Stevenson's Catpage, at

http://blakjak.com/cat_menu.htm

This site also provides pictures and other information

There are also humorous and other stories
on David Stevenson's Cat Storypage, at

http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old February 11th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.pets.cats
David Stevenson

General information

The following articles of general interest are available by sending an
email to David Stevenson . Please indicate which ones
you want by number and name [eg #3, Catcodes].

***NOTE*** This service will shortly be withdrawn. I intend to post
them all on rec.pets.cats.anecdotes [only] shortly. After the end of
February this service no longer exists and I shall not send them out.

[...]

Substitute .org for .com else URLs/eddresses will fail this year