Cats and carpets

Old May 17th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cats and carpets

I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would start here. If
you know of a better place to post let me know!

I have 5 cats and my second floor has carpet. I need to replace it and
I was curious if any cat owners had expereince with a best type of
carpet.

Cats are NOT declawed and do throw up. They seek out the carpet when
they need to throw up. They believe the stairs are a race course.

Not looking for mircale carpet, but I would bet some are better than
others.

Thanks again...

Old May 17th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Low pile - the color of cat food! Indoor outdoor seems to clean up
very easily.

Old May 17th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I always stick with nylon- and carpet should say "stain resistant". I have
off white berber carpet upstairs and down and it works fine. My cats have
claws and occasionally throw up.

I use a hand held electric rug shampooer for those unfortunate times. I use
water first and then some Resolve and have no stains.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old May 17th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Not looking for mircale carpet, but I would bet some are better than
others.

We have berber (olefin) upstairs and use Oxyclean Carpet cleaner (a spray) to
spot clean stains from vomit.