Gang violence

Old August 26th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Gang violence

Yesterday my pint-size Calico was being harassed by my usually timid and
fun male cat. The hard-core feral was near him. He jumped on the front end
of the Calico and the feral immediately jumped on her backend. Of course I
stopped it. The feral is worthless as a pet, so that stuff won't be
tolerated. I'll be watching her.
Old August 29th 15, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

"John Doe" wrote in message
Yesterday my pint-size Calico was being harassed by my usually timid and
fun male cat. The hard-core feral was near him. He jumped on the front end
of the Calico and the feral immediately jumped on her backend. Of course I
stopped it. The feral is worthless as a pet, so that stuff won't be
tolerated. I'll be watching her.

No ferals are worthless, they just have a bad start. How about catching him
and getting him neutered? It will improve his life plus he won't be a
nuisance to your own cat afterwards.

Old August 29th 15, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote:

Yesterday my pint-size Calico was being harassed by my usually timid
and fun male cat. The hard-core feral was near him. He jumped on the
front end of the Calico and the feral immediately jumped on her
backend. Of course I stopped it. The feral is worthless as a pet, so
that stuff won't be tolerated. I'll be watching her.

No ferals are worthless, they just have a bad start. How about
catching him and getting him neutered? It will improve his life plus
he won't be a nuisance to your own cat afterwards.

It's easy to act holier-than-thou here on the Internet.

Have you ever sheltered a hard-core feral? They (at least this one) are
worthless as a pet. The only potential pleasure you can derive is seeing
it get along with other cats and knowing that it's not starving, being
poisoned, or at risk of sudden or tortuous death while it's living
through physical hell outside.

It was starving outside. It was so hungry that it came inside my door
for food (that's how I caught it). If you were familiar with this cat,
you would know how terrified it was to come inside. After eight years of
taking care of it, I still cannot even look at it without it running
back up into its loft. But I can leave the front door open and go away,
and it will not leave.

I don't know if it's just feral or if it has some psychosis, but it's
hard-core whatever it is. If anything in its environment changes, it
will not move for days or longer. Its eyes look slightly crooked. Maybe
somebody bashed it over the head with a hammer.
Old August 30th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote:

[...]

Actually, I do have a bit of a clue, as I spent several months getting my
own cat (Boyfriend) fed into the house. He was lost and halfway to being a
hard core feral. Once I managed to get him inside and shut the door, I got
him neutered. Then I spent 3 plus years leaving the back door open 24/7 so
he could escape because he was so terrified.
Please don't accuse me of being "holier than thou" I've been there and done
it.
Now, he loves it here, and he is great with me, but no-one else. Even the
people who have been kind enough to feed him for weeks when I've been in
hospital, he says no to once his meowmie is home. He acts like he's never
seen them before when they visit and either rushes outside or goes up to his
bedroom to avoid them.

He now lets me close the back door.

worst violence against a kitten ever recorder pinox2000 Cat health & behaviour 2 December 8th 08 06:53 PM
Violence on cats! Stop it now! Trashopolis Cat rescue 0 January 19th 08 01:44 PM
Terrible violence on a cat! Trashopolis Cat anecdotes 0 January 19th 08 01:43 PM
[BW] A cat gang meeee Cat anecdotes 0 January 22nd 07 09:38 PM
Violence in Thailand Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 2 April 28th 04 02:29 PM