Standing up to head-butt your the palm of your hand

Old September 16th 15, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Standing up to head-butt your the palm of your hand

My Calico stands on its hind legs to butt the palm of my hand when my
hand is raised above its head. Sometimes it grabs my hand but rarely
uses its claws. It obviously enjoys that, it will do it three or more
times in a row consistently. So I wonder how it learned. I've been
trying to teach my other cats to do the same. My male is so far
uninterested. But my bully cat appears to be learning quickly. The first
time or two it scratched/bit at my hand as one might expect. But the
last time it appears to have butted my hand. It's kind of interesting
because the Calico is eager to do it. No reward except attention, just
having fun. will see if it works out that way with the bully. So I
figure somebody taught the Calico to do that.

It's really good interaction, obviously they thoroughly enjoy it, but I
haven't seen it before.
Old September 26th 15, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
my

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 12:00:55 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
My Calico stands on its hind legs to butt the palm of my hand when my
hand is raised above its head. Sometimes it grabs my hand but rarely
uses its claws. It obviously enjoys that, it will do it three or more
times in a row consistently. So I wonder how it learned. I've been
trying to teach my other cats to do the same. My male is so far
uninterested. But my bully cat appears to be learning quickly. The first
time or two it scratched/bit at my hand as one might expect. But the
last time it appears to have butted my hand. It's kind of interesting
because the Calico is eager to do it. No reward except attention, just
having fun. will see if it works out that way with the bully. So I
figure somebody taught the Calico to do that.

It's really good interaction, obviously they thoroughly enjoy it, but I
haven't seen it before.

my calico will just sit in my lap and meow and purr and she will nudge her nose on my nose
Old September 26th 15, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

my wrote:

John Doe wrote:

[...]

I counted the number of times the Calico will stand on its hind legs and
head butt my hand. Over 24 times in a session.

Teaching the bully isn't going very well. It will go for my hand, but
seems it doesn't understand that it's supposed to head butt my hand.