(OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

Old July 26th 12, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default (OT) New Cleaning Service kicked Merry Maid's Butt!

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

It's funny how much cats can differ about visitors. Kitty FC was like
Lindy, she was absolutely certain they had come specifically to admire
her
and pet her, so much so that sometimes I had to put her in another room
prevent her leaping on the knee and headbutting non-cat owners under
the
chin..

Aww, I didn't know she could be such a sweetie. All I've heard is that
you wouldn't have wanted to be on her bad side.

I would really like Boyfie to be a bit braver about visitors but I don't
think that's ever going to happen. I have some cat-loving visitors who
would love to meet him but he either rushes up to his bedroom when the
doorbell rings or heads outside until they have gone. Some of my
friends
tease me by saying they think he is a figment of my imagination.
The only person he tolerates is Simon, but not always, when Simon
visited
last week Boyfie firmly remained upstairs long past his teatime of 3.45
pm,
he eagerly awaits this. Simon stayed until 5.15. Boyfie appeared at
5.16
claiming starvation ;-)

Is he still mad at Simon for the flea medicine application?

Probably, but we will do it again next time he comes. Boyfie doesn't have
fleas but it also does worms and mites so I like him to have it once a year
or so just in case.

Kitty could be very kind cat. My heart was in my mouth when my brother
brought his nine month old here - he crawled toward her and grabbed her
skin. Hard. I thought she would slash him but she didn't. She squirmed
out of his grasp and touched him gently with her paw as if to say No, and he
seemed to know what she meant.
Kitty liked children. She almost persuaded two 12-y-o she was a lost cat
when she was helping me weed the front garden.
She saw them and went across the road to be petted, and they asked me "do
you think this cat is lost?"
Such a stritch tart!

Tweed

Old July 26th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:37:55 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

I have cats that head off in opposite directions when there are visitors.
Dot gets all excited. Visitors! Yay! Lots of wheelies and general
smothering.

Buster runs away. Oh no, invaders! Then comes slinking out to carefully
observe and sniff the visitor, if they seem harmless.

Sounds like my two! Melisande places herself firmly underfoot (and if a
workman has a tool box, he must guard against her appropriating any
easily portable small tools). Cendrillon, on the other hand, is more
like Buster - if the visitor stays a while, she may make a timid
appearance, but not always.

They sound so cute. You have to choose which kinds of visitors they're
allowed to be with. Like furniture movers - no. Cable installer - yes.
Plumber - maybe.
Old July 26th 12, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:44:11 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

Aww, I didn't know she could be such a sweetie. All I've heard is that
you wouldn't have wanted to be on her bad side.

I think her split personality is puzzling too. But I think that KFC was
just very socially confident and opinionated. She felt free to express the
whole spectrum of her personality.
Old July 26th 12, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

Aww, I didn't know she could be such a sweetie. All I've heard is that
you wouldn't have wanted to be on her bad side.

I think her split personality is puzzling too. But I think that KFC was
just very socially confident and opinionated. She felt free to express the
whole spectrum of her personality.

Ain't that just the truth.

Old July 26th 12, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Sounds like my two! Melisande places herself firmly underfoot (and if a
workman has a tool box, he must guard against her appropriating any
easily portable small tools). Cendrillon, on the other hand, is more
like Buster - if the visitor stays a while, she may make a timid
appearance, but not always.

They sound so cute. You have to choose which kinds of visitors they're
allowed to be with. Like furniture movers - no. Cable installer - yes.
Plumber - maybe.

The building I live in has horrible, ancient plumbing, and I've had
plumbers here about 4 times a year since I moved in - 13 years ago.
And every time they're here, Roxy has to check everything out - the
toolbox, the auger (it's always the toilet), and of coures, the human.
I always tell them that if she's in their way, I can shut her in the
computer room with me, but nobody's complained.

Oh, actually, there was one guy - this was after he was finished with
the job. and was writing up the invoice. Roxy came over to him and
started sniffing his leg. He looked down with an expression of horror,
recoiled, and said, "I don't like animals." This was a big bruiser of
a guy, probably not afraid of any human who crossed his path. Felled by
a sniffing kitty cat.

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old July 26th 12, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:54:30 PM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:

Kitty could be very kind cat. My heart was in my mouth when my brother
brought his nine month old here - he crawled toward her and grabbed her
skin. Hard. I thought she would slash him but she didn't. She squirmed
out of his grasp and touched him gently with her paw as if to say No, and he
seemed to know what she meant.
Kitty liked children. She almost persuaded two 12-y-o she was a lost cat
when she was helping me weed the front garden.
She saw them and went across the road to be petted, and they asked me "do
you think this cat is lost?"
Such a stritch tart!

Tweed

Animals seem to be able to identify and understand the cubs of every species. My St Bernard would allow our baby brother to do things to her that the rest of us wouldn't have gotten away with.

I love the phrase 'skritch tart'! Rita is that way! Every human in the world has been created only to worship and adore her lovely soft self, and she will run to the door to greet people when they knock. I have seen her chase down little kids who were afraid of her! (poor kids) Rita especially likes MEN of all kinds. I have no idea why, but boy does she love men. Any one who comes in the door immediately gets marked and she starts begging for pets and attention. If they don't pay attention, she'll climb up and DEMAND it.

Such a little tart.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old July 26th 12, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bastette wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

[...]

It seems to be an unwritten law that a large percentage of my "official"
visitors (repair people, cleaners, etc.) are allergic to cats. They
don't say anything, but the snuffles and sneezes when they've been here
a while speak for themselves. The one for whom I felt sorriest was the
mover who was transporting all the cat furniture to and from their van!

Old July 27th 12, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jane" wrote in message
[...]

-------
Rita sounds like a well-balanced cat with good self-esteem.
Kitty was mainly only grumpy with me - and TED of course. Or June when she
helped me pluck out her matts when she stopped grooming in advanced age.
She didn't show a preference for male or female visitors, any would do, but
she really liked children.
I think liking people was her undoing in the end when she wandered outside
while I was in hospital. She was getting very confused by then and had
almost never been out of the house for two years.
I will never get over the way she died. Ever. I couldn't even get her body
back to bury as by the time I'd tracked down what happened she'd been
cremated anonymously presumably along with lots of others that the vet had
put down as strays or when their owners didn't want to pay to have their
ashes back.
The RSPCA, bless their hearts, paid for her to be destroyed.

She was approaching the end of her life, it is true. I was considering the
big decision but while she chose to be inside with access to her rehydration
fluid, she seemed happy and I thought she had a few more months. Once she
got out looking for me without her fluid that was a whole different story I
suppose and she had recently had her matts plucked so she did look pretty
bad. If you manage to get a cat to 25+ they don't look perfect. She would
never have gone outside if I'd been at home. I have the same guilt about
this as Catnipped had when Sammi passed away when she was in hospital,
although her situation was a bit different. Sammi would have died through
the health problem she had whether or not Lori was in hospital. If I was
not in hospital, Kitty would not have wandered and got snatched from the
street by some f**king do-gooder.

Tweed

Old July 27th 12, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

Aww, I didn't know she could be such a sweetie. All I've heard is that
you wouldn't have wanted to be on her bad side.

I think her split personality is puzzling too. But I think that KFC was
just very socially confident and opinionated. She felt free to express the
whole spectrum of her personality.

Hah! She expressed her whole personality with me. The grumpy slashing bit.
She was very charming to others. Mostly.
I didn't really mind, I knew the life she'd had. Seven years in my garden
waiting for my last dog to pass away. She identified one whippet of my
motley crew who would not kill her instantly (Minnie) and when she saw her
alone in the garden she would come up to her and wipe herself around her
legs. Minnie quite liked it. How did KFC know that Minnie was safe? No
idea.
She just did.
If any of the others had seen her, she would have been an ex-cat.

Old July 29th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

...If I was not in hospital, Kitty would not have wandered and
got snatched from the street by some f**king do-gooder...

In your professional life, I expect *many* people thought the
same of you - that is, an "interfering do-gooder", to somewhat
tone down the language - but whatever they thought wouldn't have
changed the outcome of the social work case, would it?

Whilst I can understand why you play the "what if" game, but it
can't change anything, can it? It just seems to take you to the
dark side, as evidenced by your quoted language :-(

--
MatSav