Wild cats

Old April 13th 14, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Wild cats

Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I reached
in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look and ZOOM
it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few feathers and
a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.

I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...
Old April 17th 14, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 07:00:09 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Taking care of a neutered female outside. This morning it ate a full
meal and then left. One hour later, it was back on the porch and I
saw it swat at the opening to its Omega Paws litter box. Confused, I
stepped out and noticed some feathers lying around. In the box, the
bird was still alive and very alert (an understatement). So I reached
in and carried it out in my hand. Raised it to take a look and ZOOM
it flew across the way and up into a tree. It lost a few feathers and
a tiny amount of blood, but it flew very well.

I suppose the bird was being kept fresh until the cat got hungry.
Maybe it could use a small refrigerator and microwave...

I once wrestled a bird away from one of my cats and it looked in
pretty bad shape, feathers pointing in all directions and some blood.
Then it just flew out of my hand straight into a nearby tree. They can
look pretty bad and still be mostly ok.

But your outdoor cats have a litterbox? I sometimes let my indoor cats
out into my fenced-in backyard, but they come back in to use the
litterbox! My outside cats don't have a litterbox though.

Old April 17th 14, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

dgk dgk somewhere.com wrote:

John Doe jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote:

[...]

For a few reasons, some significant and some trivial. So far it
has only gone number two in the box, and that's what we need.

A note for the newbies... It is neutered, don't take care of an
outside cat otherwise.

Old November 16th 15, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

Birds will never be Ok if they have been caught by a cat. The wounds they
have will get infected by the bacteria on the cat's teeth and they will die
a few days later.

Old November 16th 15, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:

"dgk" wrote
John Doe wrote:

[...]

Says who?

Caring about wild cats Mark Earnest Cat health & behaviour 96 November 7th 09 10:17 PM
WILD Halloween cats! Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 3 November 1st 08 10:03 PM
Stray Wild Cats DanaD Cats - misc 1 April 8th 07 01:16 AM
cats gone wild on the 'nip' yepp Cat anecdotes 3 May 13th 05 12:39 PM
If you like wild cats, don't miss this... Zorin the Lynx Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 05 03:30 PM