My pint-size Calico has a private loft

Old February 20th 16, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default My pint-size Calico has a private loft

I discovered an effective way to help a nervous cat maintain its mental
health while living in captivity with other cats. In theory, it's simple,
you just provide it with a place only it can get to. In this case... Their
Skyway includes a very narrow path, the narrow edge of a 2 x 4, going to
one of three Skyway lofts. Also, there is a thin aluminum rod sticking up
from the center of that 2 x 4 (1.5") edge pathway. The Calico moves past it
with ease. The other cats don't even try. So that loft is all hers. It
appears that she is using it to get some sound sleep. And if it's not too
early to tell, seems it's doing her a world of good, mainly as a place to
get away from the bully cat. But of course making that happen for each of
several or more cats would be rocket science.
Old February 20th 16, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zob

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 05:09:54 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

I discovered an effective way to help a nervous cat maintain its mental
health while living in captivity with other cats. In theory, it's simple,
you just provide it with a place only it can get to. In this case... Their
Skyway includes a very narrow path, the narrow edge of a 2 x 4, going to
one of three Skyway lofts. Also, there is a thin aluminum rod sticking up
from the center of that 2 x 4 (1.5") edge pathway. The Calico moves past it
with ease. The other cats don't even try. So that loft is all hers. It
appears that she is using it to get some sound sleep. And if it's not too
early to tell, seems it's doing her a world of good, mainly as a place to
get away from the bully cat. But of course making that happen for each of
several or more cats would be rocket science.

Not to mention it would require Bill Gates's $$$.
Old March 25th 16, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
my

I recently got rid of a cat that was a bully I recently moved and we lost our cat room but my calico sleeps with me now
Old March 25th 16, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

my wrote:

I recently got rid of a cat that was a bully I recently moved and we
lost our cat room but my calico sleeps with me now

Packaging tape is amazing stuff. Among all its other cat related uses,
it can be used to help cope with a bully. Just apply it to the back of
their neck and around their left leg above their paw, then up and around
their neck to complete the circle. It's like putting their leg in a
sling. Three-legged cats are not bullies. I usually do that at night
when going to bed. It gives the other cats a nice long break from the
bullying. Doesn't interfere with its eating or litter box use. The bully
is a great cat to me, but it's persistently intolerably aggressive
towards other cats. It would make a great pet for someone who has no
other pets, or if they have a pitbull.

A less restrictive method is to use some very sticky 3M heavy-duty
packaging tape and just apply it to whatever part of their body, like
along their back. It acts as a distraction and might keep them at bay
for a while. During the daytime, that works as a temporary fix when
things get out of hand.
Old March 28th 16, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

I also clip the bully's claws.