Fluffy McBuffy

Old May 9th 17, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Fluffy McBuffy

Buffy has a very thick undercoat. She was sitting in my lap, getting
scritches and purring to beat the band. In the process her fur was
wafting up and sticking to my face. Time for the Furminator! An
excellent de-shedding tool.

It's amazing to me how much fur she sheds. I have to throw the excess
fluffy fur in an outside trash bin. Good thing for me she loves to be
"furminated". She rolls around and purrs and practically drools.

Then we play with some toys and I get rid of the fur the bin collected.
Then I have to vacuum. She does not like the big sucky monster but I
don't want fur all over the place, either.

Jill
Old May 10th 17, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 9 May 2017 15:32:42 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Buffy has a very thick undercoat. She was sitting in my lap, getting
scritches and purring to beat the band. In the process her fur was
wafting up and sticking to my face. Time for the Furminator! An
excellent de-shedding tool.

It's amazing to me how much fur she sheds. I have to throw the excess
fluffy fur in an outside trash bin. Good thing for me she loves to be
"furminated". She rolls around and purrs and practically drools.

Then we play with some toys and I get rid of the fur the bin collected.
Then I have to vacuum. She does not like the big sucky monster but I
don't want fur all over the place, either.

Jill

It seems to be hairball season here in Florida. Three in one week,
and, against all odds, all three managed to hit the white carpet.
Old May 12th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

Buffy has a very thick undercoat. She was sitting in my lap, getting
scritches and purring to beat the band. In the process her fur was
wafting up and sticking to my face. Time for the Furminator! An
excellent de-shedding tool.

It's amazing to me how much fur she sheds. I have to throw the excess
fluffy fur in an outside trash bin. Good thing for me she loves to be
"furminated". She rolls around and purrs and practically drools.

Then we play with some toys and I get rid of the fur the bin collected.
Then I have to vacuum. She does not like the big sucky monster but I
don't want fur all over the place, either.

Jill

It seems to be hairball season here in Florida. Three in one week,
and, against all odds, all three managed to hit the white carpet.

Despite her thick coat, hairballs are one thing Buffy does not seem to
have a problem with. It's odd, because Persia (RB 2014) was a short
hair but she coughed up hairballs all the time. She was brushed
regularly and later I used the furminator tool on her. She tended to
have a sensitive tummy, which might explain it.

I've never seen or heard Buffy do that. You certainly recognize the
distinctive sound of "horking" a cat makes when it comes to a hairball.
Buffy is a short hair but has a much thicker undercoat. She sheds
like crazy. Yet she seems to be immune to hairballs. Knock wood...

Jill
Old May 13th 17, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

It's gotten worse. Two more in the last three days, and those were the
wet brown mess that really sinks into a white carpet. Ugh.
Old May 13th 17, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Have you tried the furminator tool for de-shedding? I'm not affiliated
with the product, just a happy user. I can certainly sympathize since I
have what used to be white carpet.

Jill

Old May 15th 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

I had one when I moved. I wonder what happened to it? I'll get another
one.

I'm not Fat, I'm Fluffy! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 March 3rd 13 02:34 PM
Fluffy at Vet's Yowie Cat anecdotes 4 April 21st 09 06:25 PM
Fluffy again Yowie Cat anecdotes 17 December 18th 08 11:06 PM
Fluffy says hi BuZZard Cat health & behaviour 1 December 1st 05 07:15 PM
Help! Da TED said we're too fluffy! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 9 August 3rd 05 11:44 AM